The Mensvic Grand Hotel in East Legon will be the new venue for the 2010 edition of the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominations Gala. The awards scheme in its 6th year was earlier on scheduled to take place on February 26 at the Banquet Hall also in Accra.
With about 280 movies submitted to the short listed in the various categories necessitated the gala night to be pushed forward a week to enable the juror to complete their task which is the screening.
AMAA is an offshoot of the African Film Academy, like any normal award, it is geared towards research, training and propagating film making in Africa. The awards since its inception in 2004, has since been awarding excellence. It is also a platform for gathering the biggest movie makers across African continent and the Diaspora.
The AMAA over the years has pulled together a phenomenal list of talented directors, actors, and films from around Africa, that have made, or are going to make a tremendous impact on the continent and in the Diaspora. At the gala night the nominees would be revealed for the following categories:
‘Best Documentary (Short Subject)’, ‘Best Documentary (Feature)’, ‘Best Short Film’,‘ Best Animation’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Sound’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Editing’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Art Direction’, ’Achievement In Make-Up’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Visual Effect’, ‘Best Original In Soundtrack’, ‘Most Promising Actor’, ‘Most Promising Actress’, ‘Best Performance By A Child Actor’,
The rest are ‘Best Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role’, ‘Best Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role’, ‘Best Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role’, ‘Best Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role’, ‘Best Film In African Language’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Cinematography’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Costume’, ‘Heart Of Africa Award For Best Films From Nigeria’, ‘Best Screenplay’, ‘Best Picture’, ‘Best Director’.
Special guest on the night will include the governor of the Bayelsa State, Timepre Sylva, Minister for Trade and Industry, Hannah Tetteh, and the Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Misiliu Obanikoro. Guests on the night will be treated to some cultural performances and fashion show
AMAA which is equivalent to Oscars in the United States will be held on April 10, 2010 in Nigeria and will be televised across the world. Various forms can be downloaded from the AMA-Awards website. For further information, please contact AMAA at email@example.com.
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: More Money WON’T Do Any Good To Your Relationship | Couple Break Up Because They Can’t Agree On What To Do With Their Over £100 Million Lottery Win
- MUSIGA Visits Late Ronny Coaches’ Family
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
- New Music: ‘All The Way’ By R. Kelly Feat. Kelly Rowland
- PHOTOS: Lady Gaga Meets Another Gaga At Tokyo Press Conference
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening