The Mensvic Grand Hotel in East Legon will be the new venue for the 2010 edition of the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominations Gala. The awards scheme in its 6th year was earlier on scheduled to take place on February 26 at the Banquet Hall also in Accra.
With about 280 movies submitted to the short listed in the various categories necessitated the gala night to be pushed forward a week to enable the juror to complete their task which is the screening.
AMAA is an offshoot of the African Film Academy, like any normal award, it is geared towards research, training and propagating film making in Africa. The awards since its inception in 2004, has since been awarding excellence. It is also a platform for gathering the biggest movie makers across African continent and the Diaspora.
The AMAA over the years has pulled together a phenomenal list of talented directors, actors, and films from around Africa, that have made, or are going to make a tremendous impact on the continent and in the Diaspora. At the gala night the nominees would be revealed for the following categories:
‘Best Documentary (Short Subject)’, ‘Best Documentary (Feature)’, ‘Best Short Film’,‘ Best Animation’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Sound’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Editing’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Art Direction’, ’Achievement In Make-Up’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Visual Effect’, ‘Best Original In Soundtrack’, ‘Most Promising Actor’, ‘Most Promising Actress’, ‘Best Performance By A Child Actor’,
The rest are ‘Best Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role’, ‘Best Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role’, ‘Best Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role’, ‘Best Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role’, ‘Best Film In African Language’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Cinematography’, ‘AMAA Achievement In Costume’, ‘Heart Of Africa Award For Best Films From Nigeria’, ‘Best Screenplay’, ‘Best Picture’, ‘Best Director’.
Special guest on the night will include the governor of the Bayelsa State, Timepre Sylva, Minister for Trade and Industry, Hannah Tetteh, and the Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Misiliu Obanikoro. Guests on the night will be treated to some cultural performances and fashion show
AMAA which is equivalent to Oscars in the United States will be held on April 10, 2010 in Nigeria and will be televised across the world. Various forms can be downloaded from the AMA-Awards website. For further information, please contact AMAA at email@example.com.
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- 9 More People Have Been Arrested in Ghana in Connection With the Cocaine Case
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyepong Says Cocaine Girl is the Girlfriend of President Mahama’s Brother & Also She is Being Chopped Down By the CEO of Ghana Cocoa Board
- She Thinks We Are All STUPID | Cocaine Girl-Nayele Ametefeh Says She Thought She Was Carrying GOLD and Not Coke
- ECG Workers Threaten to Throw The Nation into Darkness If Sacked Boss is Not Reinstated: For A Largely Incompetent Organisation They Have A Lot Of Nerve- And Aren’t We Already in Darkness?
- Assistant Director At The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Two Others, Arrested For Allegedly Aiding Ruby To Use The VVIP lounge At Kotoka Before Boarding Her Flight