John Dumelo is the latest screen idol to set hearts racing amongst the Ghanaian (and even Nigerian) female population. Following the frequent presence of caramel complexion brothers on Ghanaian movie screens, John was a breath of fresh air to emerge within the Ghanaian film industry. A tall, dark, and handsome man representing for all the chocolate coloured brothers, and causing the majority of female fans to fall for him, the bonus part of all this is his incredible acting credentials.
The only son and the youngest of three children, Mr Dumelo first received his big break as a seven-year-old at Christ the King International School in Accra. It was at this school the producers from the GAMA Film company visited in 1991 to find children who would be suitable for roles in their film ‘Baby Thief.’ John and his older sister were some of the lucky few to be selected, with John eventually securing one of the lead roles in the movie as Saka.
After attending Achimota School and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology for high school and university respectively, he appeared on several Ghanaian television programs including ‘Sun City’ and ‘About To Wed.’ However, his popularity reached a higher level when he made the transition from the small screen to the big screen.
Appearances in top highly-rated movies like ‘The Perfect Picture,’ ‘The King Is Mine,’ and ‘Chelsea’ have made Mr Dumelo hot property in the film industry- even Nollywood producers are clamouring over themselves to gain the opportunity to work with him.
Such popularity in the film industry has only served to make him an equally hot topic within the media- he has been romantically linked to various co-stars, yet has denied all of such allegations.
In spite of his popularity, John remains humble and modest: “You know some people can get carried away when fame and fortune knocks on their door, making them lose focus of who they are and where they are coming from. I want to work hard to avoid that.”
He is also heavily involved in charity work, having already donated GH 1000 cedis worth of goods to the children’s unit of Battor Catholic Hospital during New Year’s Eve 2009.
Along with his acting career, John manages a real estate company, and partners an IT firm. Not only is this guy a pretty face, but obviously a man of many talents also.
By: Regina Sackey Addo/ GhanaCelebrities.Com/ United Kingdom
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Exclusive Interview + Photos: Rising Star-Christabel Ekeh Talks About Moving From Miss Malaika To Become An Actress, Her Passion, Her Fears, State Of The Ghana Movie Industry, Her Fast Developing Career & More…
- SPOTLIGHT: Atto Erick, A Handsome Fast Rising Versatile Ghanaian Actor
- Celebrity Profile: The Outstanding Freema Agyemang In Focus
- Spotlight: Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku
- Biography of Shirley Frimpong-Manso: A Director with Outstanding Skills
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- As Usual, Rihanna Kept Fans Waiting For 2 Hours In Birmingham
- PHOTO: Reggie Bush & His Baby
- PHOTOS: Christina Milian On Miss USA 2013 Red Carpet
- And You Wonder Why Chris Brown Keeps Going Back To Her? Karrueche Tran Spotted At Miami
- Serena Williams Flaunts Her Toned Beach Body & Of Course The Famous Backside At Miami
- Kim Kardashian Gives Birth to A Cute Baby Girl!
- Ciara Covers Fader Magazine
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening
- Airbrush Temporary Tattoos- How They Work Best?
- PEPLUM LEGGINS…HOT or NOT?
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines