John Dumelo is the latest screen idol to set hearts racing amongst the Ghanaian (and even Nigerian) female population. Following the frequent presence of caramel complexion brothers on Ghanaian movie screens, John was a breath of fresh air to emerge within the Ghanaian film industry. A tall, dark, and handsome man representing for all the chocolate coloured brothers, and causing the majority of female fans to fall for him, the bonus part of all this is his incredible acting credentials.
The only son and the youngest of three children, Mr Dumelo first received his big break as a seven-year-old at Christ the King International School in Accra. It was at this school the producers from the GAMA Film company visited in 1991 to find children who would be suitable for roles in their film ‘Baby Thief.’ John and his older sister were some of the lucky few to be selected, with John eventually securing one of the lead roles in the movie as Saka.
After attending Achimota School and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology for high school and university respectively, he appeared on several Ghanaian television programs including ‘Sun City’ and ‘About To Wed.’ However, his popularity reached a higher level when he made the transition from the small screen to the big screen.
Appearances in top highly-rated movies like ‘The Perfect Picture,’ ‘The King Is Mine,’ and ‘Chelsea’ have made Mr Dumelo hot property in the film industry- even Nollywood producers are clamouring over themselves to gain the opportunity to work with him.
Such popularity in the film industry has only served to make him an equally hot topic within the media- he has been romantically linked to various co-stars, yet has denied all of such allegations.
In spite of his popularity, John remains humble and modest: “You know some people can get carried away when fame and fortune knocks on their door, making them lose focus of who they are and where they are coming from. I want to work hard to avoid that.”
He is also heavily involved in charity work, having already donated GH 1000 cedis worth of goods to the children’s unit of Battor Catholic Hospital during New Year’s Eve 2009.
Along with his acting career, John manages a real estate company, and partners an IT firm. Not only is this guy a pretty face, but obviously a man of many talents also.
By: Regina Sackey Addo/ GhanaCelebrities.Com/ United Kingdom
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Exclusive Interview + Photos: Rising Star-Christabel Ekeh Talks About Moving From Miss Malaika To Become An Actress, Her Passion, Her Fears, State Of The Ghana Movie Industry, Her Fast Developing Career & More…
- SPOTLIGHT: Atto Erick, A Handsome Fast Rising Versatile Ghanaian Actor
- Celebrity Profile: The Outstanding Freema Agyemang In Focus
- Spotlight: Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku
- Biography of Shirley Frimpong-Manso: A Director with Outstanding Skills
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date