There is a new rap superstar in town- Sarkodie defeated Okyeame Kwame to be crowned ‘Artiste of the Year’ at last night’s Ghana Music Awards.
Last year’s winner of the ‘Artiste of the Year,’ ‘Hip-Hop Song of the Year,’ ‘Hip-Hop/Hiplife Artist of the Year,’ and ‘Video of the Year’ categories, Okyeame Kwame had to settle for announcing the name of the winner: “The voice of the people is the voice of God,” he declared, before announcing that Sarkodie was the new owner of his previous title- ‘Artiste of the Year.’
The new ‘Artiste of the Year’ winner was also the biggest winner of the night, taking home further trophies for ‘Hiplife/Hip-Hop Artiste of the Year,’ ‘Best Rapper of the Year,’ ‘Album of the Year,’ and also ‘Discovery of the Year.’ Yet, it was his popular track ‘Baby’ featuring Muggies of R2Bees that ensured that he was crowned ‘Artiste of the Year,’ in recognition of the song’s success.
Performances of the night came from Abrantie Amakye Dede, who opened the show with a great performance. Shortly thereafter, Okyeame Kwame came on stage and sent the crowd wild with his performance. Some of the other nominees were also on the performing rota for the night.
Becca and Obrafuor won awards, but they seemed to be unpopular with the audience due to a lack of high-energy noise when they were announced as winners.
BELOW IS THE FULL LIST OF WINNERS.
Artist Of The Year
Most Popular Song Of The Year
Simple – Bradez
Discovery Of The Year
Hip Hop /Hiplife Song Of The Year
You Dey Craze – Ayigbe Edem
Hip Hop/Hiplife Artist Of The Year
Gospel Song Of The Year
Ayeyi Ndwom – DSP Kofi Sarpong
Gospel Artist Of The Year
Highlife Song Of The Year
Kotosa – Wutah
Highlife Artist Of The Year
Afro-Pop Song Of The Year
World Trade Centre – 4×4
Reggae Song Of The Year
Jah Will Be There – Wutah
Best Collaboration Of The Year
Kasiebo – Obrafour & Guru
Best Rapper Of The Year
African Artiste Of The Year
Wande Coal – Nigeria
Record Of The Year
Daa Ke Daa – Becca
Album Of The Year
Makye – Sarkodie
Song Writer Of The Year
Daa Ke Daa – Kwabena Akwaboa Jnr
Best Male Vocal Performance
PV Of Wutah Fame
Best Female Vocal Performance
Best Music Video
Breathe – Kwaku T And D Black
Producer of the Year
Richie of Lynx Entertainment
World Bank Music for Development Award
School Dey Be by Asem
Instrumentalist of the year
Traditional artist of the year
John Osei Korankye
MUSIGA Merit award
Abinfour Nana Yeboah (KK Number 2)
By: Ebenezer Anangio Jnr/GhanaCelebrities.Com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Celebrity TwitPics & Instagram Photos Of The Week: Becca, Eazzy, Yvonne Nelson, Majid Michel, Joselyn Dumas & Other
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: Zoo Worker, 24, Dies After Being Mauled By Tiger In Front Of Visitors As She Fed It
- Michael Adebolajo, The British-Muslim Convert Of Nigerian Origin Who Attempted To Behead And Disembowel A Young Soldier Was Inspired By Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed
- Videos: Watch Yvonne Nelson’s Top 10 Music Videos
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?