One of Ghana’s reggae artistes, Shasha Marley, has once again proven that he is a force to reckon with in Africa as far as reggae music is concerned.
This he did by emerging the Best African Reggae Artiste of The Year at the KORA All Africa Music Awards held in Ouagadougou, Burkina-Faso, on Easter Sunday.
The event, which attracted over 3,000 showbiz personalities from various African countries, was hosted by the President of Burkina Faso, Blaise Compaore, at the plush Palaise De Sports in Ouagadougo.
Artistes from 24 African countries took part in the competition which was judged through a share of public and jury votes.
Also, about 100 television channels in 22 countries broadcasted the ceremony live.
Shasha Marley competed in the Best African Reggae Artiste category with Nominess from Uganda, Burkina Faso, Bennin and Nigeria.
Since the release of his album, ‘Lost And Found’, Shasha has headlined several local and international shows, thereby commanding more popularity, particularly outside the shores of Ghana.
The reggae artiste has so far collaborated with several top artistes and has won several awards to his credit.
He has also led 15 top Ghanaian artistes in an all-star musical collaboration which was produced via the sponsorship of the Johns Hopkins University, to fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa.
He is truly a musician with a heart and has really been on the forefront of the war against HIV/AIDS, using music to break the stigma associated with people carrying the disease.
So far, Shasha Marley has not relented in his pursuit to make a difference in this world through his dynamic songs.
He is even more determined to change and transform lives all over the world. In 2001 he was also invited by the Libyan leader, Muammar al- Gadhafi, to perform for all the African Presidents during the last Organisation of African Unity (OAU) summit, held in Tripoli.
Despite performing in so many places, it was however his debut album that placed him on the African musical map.
Source: George Clifford Owusu / DailyGuideGhana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!
- Ministry of Tourism Distances Itself From SCANDALOUS MISS SUPRANATIONAL PAGEANT – Warns Organizers Not To Use The Ministry’s Name In Anything