Martha Ankomah has been garnering quite the controversy since bursting onto the movie scene. After winning a role by movie producer supremo , Mr Lancelot Odua Imaseun, she has been labelled as a p*rn actress amongst many other things, following her explicit scenes in ‘Heart of Men’ and ‘Kiss Me If You Can’.
Showing a strong resilience against criticism, she states: “The only one that I listen to is God. If I say I will listen to people, I will not get to the level I want to get to.”
Although she began making waves following the discovery by Mr Imaseun, Martha’s brush with fame first came in 1996 during the days of Fun World. She went on to star in various Ghanaian television series including ‘Sun City,’ ‘Games People Play,’ and ‘Yes, Matron.’ Alongside the controversial movies already mentioned, Martha has also been featured in ‘Shakira,’ ‘Sin of the Soul,’ and ‘Power of the Gods.’
One of the few Ghanaian actresses to have made the crossover into Nollywood, she was nominated in the category of ‘Most Promising Actress’ at this year’s African Movie Academy Awards.
Is she going to be a prominent face in the Ghanaian movie industry, or a face that will soon fade away? Only time will tell.
By: Regina Sackey Addo/GhanaCelebrities.Com/United Kingdom
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Exclusive Interview + Photos: Rising Star-Christabel Ekeh Talks About Moving From Miss Malaika To Become An Actress, Her Passion, Her Fears, State Of The Ghana Movie Industry, Her Fast Developing Career & More…
- SPOTLIGHT: Atto Erick, A Handsome Fast Rising Versatile Ghanaian Actor
- Celebrity Profile: The Outstanding Freema Agyemang In Focus
- Spotlight: Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku
- Biography of Shirley Frimpong-Manso: A Director with Outstanding Skills