Ghana Music Awards 2010 ‘Most Popular Song of the Year’ and ‘Artiste of the Year’ winners Bradez and Sarkodie respectively have been nominated in the maiden edition of the Museke Online Music Awards.
Bradez has one nomination with Simple which is nominated in the ‘WEST AFRICA SONG OF THE YEAR’ category. Sarkodie has two nominations, they are ‘BEST NEW ARTIST’ and ‘BEST HIP-HOP SONG’ with his track ‘Baby’.
Beat maker Richie of Lynx Entertainment who won the accolade at the just ended Ghana Music is nominated in the ‘BEST BEAT MAKER’ category. Other Ghanaians nominated are Phamous People for ‘BEST VIDEO PRODUCER’ with (Breathe by Kwaku T & DBlack. Burning Desire by Wutah for ‘BEST REGGAE SONG’. Leave Me Alone by Mimi for ‘BEST POP SONG’. Gologolo by Echo for ‘BEST AFRO-POP SONG’. Where My Baby Dey by Samini for ‘BEST DANCEHALL SONG’. Breathe by DBlack & Kwaku T for ‘BEST MUSIC VIDEO’.
The awards scheme was launched by Museke.com after three-and-a-half years developing the online portal for information on African music.
There are 130 nominations in 28 categories which will cover different genres and regions; the Museke Online Music Awards prides itself in encompassing all African music, regardless of video submission, language, genre and country in recognition of excellence in music over the last year.
The winners of these prestigious online awards will be rewarded through various avenues of online promotion, which will gain the artists global recognition on museke.com as well as various other media outlets.
The nominees were announced on 8 April. The voting is already going on at http://awards.museke.com/ and ends on 15 May, with winners being announced on 1 June.
There are 28 categories in all and they are categorized in three parts
(i) General: comprises ‘Song of the Year’, ‘Artiste of the Year’, ‘Best Male Artist’, ‘Best Female Artist’, ‘Best Group’, ‘Best African Collaboration’, ‘Best New Artist/Group’, ‘Best Video Producer’, ‘Best Beat Maker’, ‘Best Music Video of the Year’, and ‘Best Album of the Year’.
(ii) Genre: Which comprises the following categories ‘Best Reggae Song’, ‘Best Hip-Hop Song’, Best R&B/Soul Song’, ‘Best Gospel/Religious Song’, ‘Best Pop Song’, ‘Best Afro-Pop Song’, ‘Best Dancehall Song’, And ‘Best Conscious Song’.
(iii) Region: This comprises the following categories ‘West Africa Song of the Year’, ‘North Africa Song of the Year’, ‘Central Africa Song of the Year’, ‘East Africa Song of the Year, ‘Southern Africa Song of the Year’, ‘Best Artist Based in Diaspora.’
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.com
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Michael Adebolajo, The British-Muslim Convert Of Nigerian Origin Who Attempted To Behead And Disembowel A Young Soldier Was Inspired By Cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed
- Videos: Watch Yvonne Nelson’s Top 10 Music Videos
- Court Orders Confidence Haugen To Stop Using ‘STOLEN’ Logo
- OMG: Cannes Film Festival Falls For The Fake Psy Of Gangnam Syyle Fame
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- VIDEO: Ray J Talks About Missing Kim, Him Being Responsible For Her Success & More
- I Never Said Jay-Z Was A ‘Tranny Chaser’ Says Foxy Brown
- New Music: ‘I’m Out ‘ By Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj
- PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj Spotted In NY Looking Miserable
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?