Ghana Music Awards 2010 ‘Most Popular Song of the Year’ and ‘Artiste of the Year’ winners Bradez and Sarkodie respectively have been nominated in the maiden edition of the Museke Online Music Awards.
Bradez has one nomination with Simple which is nominated in the ‘WEST AFRICA SONG OF THE YEAR’ category. Sarkodie has two nominations, they are ‘BEST NEW ARTIST’ and ‘BEST HIP-HOP SONG’ with his track ‘Baby’.
Beat maker Richie of Lynx Entertainment who won the accolade at the just ended Ghana Music is nominated in the ‘BEST BEAT MAKER’ category. Other Ghanaians nominated are Phamous People for ‘BEST VIDEO PRODUCER’ with (Breathe by Kwaku T & DBlack. Burning Desire by Wutah for ‘BEST REGGAE SONG’. Leave Me Alone by Mimi for ‘BEST POP SONG’. Gologolo by Echo for ‘BEST AFRO-POP SONG’. Where My Baby Dey by Samini for ‘BEST DANCEHALL SONG’. Breathe by DBlack & Kwaku T for ‘BEST MUSIC VIDEO’.
The awards scheme was launched by Museke.com after three-and-a-half years developing the online portal for information on African music.
There are 130 nominations in 28 categories which will cover different genres and regions; the Museke Online Music Awards prides itself in encompassing all African music, regardless of video submission, language, genre and country in recognition of excellence in music over the last year.
The winners of these prestigious online awards will be rewarded through various avenues of online promotion, which will gain the artists global recognition on museke.com as well as various other media outlets.
The nominees were announced on 8 April. The voting is already going on at http://awards.museke.com/ and ends on 15 May, with winners being announced on 1 June.
There are 28 categories in all and they are categorized in three parts
(i) General: comprises ‘Song of the Year’, ‘Artiste of the Year’, ‘Best Male Artist’, ‘Best Female Artist’, ‘Best Group’, ‘Best African Collaboration’, ‘Best New Artist/Group’, ‘Best Video Producer’, ‘Best Beat Maker’, ‘Best Music Video of the Year’, and ‘Best Album of the Year’.
(ii) Genre: Which comprises the following categories ‘Best Reggae Song’, ‘Best Hip-Hop Song’, Best R&B/Soul Song’, ‘Best Gospel/Religious Song’, ‘Best Pop Song’, ‘Best Afro-Pop Song’, ‘Best Dancehall Song’, And ‘Best Conscious Song’.
(iii) Region: This comprises the following categories ‘West Africa Song of the Year’, ‘North Africa Song of the Year’, ‘Central Africa Song of the Year’, ‘East Africa Song of the Year, ‘Southern Africa Song of the Year’, ‘Best Artist Based in Diaspora.’
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.com
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date