2009 Ghana Music Awards ‘Artiste of the Year’, Okyeame Kwame, is in his final lap of his years on the campus of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) as he begins writing his final exams.
The Rap Doctor as he prefers to be called prepares to bring to an end a four year knowledge seeking agenda which was launched in September 2006.
Studying Akan and Sociology, the ‘Best Rapper Alive’ has before him five broad subjects to write as part of requirements for a Bachelor of Arts Degree. These subjects include dialectal differences, translation, modern poetry, female African writing and expose to current affairs.
According to Okyeame, the commencement of his final exam comes with great joy and fulfillment as he regards it as a huge achievement in his life. “Even though sitting at the exam hall for these papers is no mean thing to do, I am very excited to be going through this at this time of my life” he told GhanaCelebrities.com
It has not been all easy especially when he had to combine both performances which started on Fridays and studies which commenced on Mondays. Switching between academic and the entertainment worlds was like juggling between two fired up daggers. What amazes me is how he managed to earn the Artiste of the Year title together with other four awards in 2009 at the heat of his education.
Having the opportunity to be taught by legends like Agya Koo Nimo (Dr. Amponsah), Dr Charles Marfo, Professor Agyemang, Dr Tuffuor, Mr Nsiah, Miss Solace Yankson and Mrs Abeka to mention a few. Okyeame Kwame through his four year study at KNUST studied music appreciation, classical guitar, photography, linguistics, Akan drama, African poetry, translation, communication skills, sociology and so many other life inspiring subjects.
Writing his final exam signifies an era of a milestone in his life and career. After the exams he would have come out as one of the very few Ghanaian musicians who have adequate knowledge and expertise in poetry and social skills.
Indeed, Okyeame Kwame’s achievement as an undergraduate soon to be graduate musician is worthy of emulation and should urge other musicians to seek knowledge in music in addition to their God given talent in order to promote the profession.
His words of encouragement to all especially up and coming artistes are “seek knowledge, and when you find it let it contribute to positive social change”.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
- Wizkid Promises An Exciting Performance At ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ On June 29
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?