Chris Attoh is a television show host, actor and meteoric master of ceremonies (MC). He is popularly known on stage as Chris but his real name is Christopher Nii Attorh.
The multi- talented TV personality has steadily risen into stardom to become one of the finest promising actors Africa can boost of. Chris describes himself as a young entrepreneur, whose key objective is to continually strive to put Ghana’s name on the entertainment map worldwide.
He started from Groove Fm where he did his national service after which he went to Choice Fm and was later poached by Metropolitan TV popularly known as Metro TV, where he hosted the show dubbed “Links”. He also hosted few episodes of Smash TV as well as a very popularly show then on GTV called the “Show Time”. He was later at Capital Radio in Kumasi where he presented the Jazz nite.
Chris Attoh attended Achimota High School and did his Sixth form at the Accra Academy School. He later went to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology where he read painting and later moved to London to study Banking and Security. In London where he furthered his education he presented a show called “One touch” on OBE TV in the United Kingdom.
Aside hosting TV productions: ‘Stars of the Future’ and ‘Rhythms’, Chris has also stared in Mnet’s production, Tinsel, which is the first multi camera soap to be done in West Africa, specifically Nigeria. He plays the role of a paralyzed man confined to a wheel chair, which he describes as very challenging and different from the many other roles he had played.
Although entertainment has been part of his life right through childhood where he used to act in school plays, what he had really wanted to do is direct feature films. “Acting was not on my agenda,” he intimated.
Thanks to Shirley Frimpong Manso, a film maker and director, he will be living that dream soon, co -directing her next movie. He says his acting career begun when his icon, Kwaku Sintim-Misa (KSM) starred him and Shirley Frimpong-Manso in a TV series called ‘Choices’.
However, the production could not come out, because the sponsors pulled out after filming about sixteen episodes. Having seen the potential in him, KSM invited him again with Shirley to play a role of a husband and wife in ‘divorce court’, another TV series. “We kissed live on TV, to the surprise of everyone” he recalls. After that stint in acting, he got lots of encouragement which made him to take acting more seriously.
He, however, never accepted any scripts due to the low quality movies being produced then, until ’Life and Living It’, which was his first Ghanaian feature movie, came along.
He intimated that he accepted to act in that production because he shares the same ideals with Shirley Frimpong Manso, who directed it. ‘Scorned’, the second production, he starred in was another instant hit but can not be compared with the hit ‘The Perfect Picture’ which broke box office records in Ghana.
Asked how he manages his fame, Chris said he is naturally social and jovial. He likens the life of a celebrity to a politician saying, it’s a full time job that calls for being there for the people because they make you. “My fans give me a sense of purpose and without them, there will be no one to share my creativity with”.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Exclusive Interview + Photos: Rising Star-Christabel Ekeh Talks About Moving From Miss Malaika To Become An Actress, Her Passion, Her Fears, State Of The Ghana Movie Industry, Her Fast Developing Career & More…
- SPOTLIGHT: Atto Erick, A Handsome Fast Rising Versatile Ghanaian Actor
- Celebrity Profile: The Outstanding Freema Agyemang In Focus
- Spotlight: Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku
- Biography of Shirley Frimpong-Manso: A Director with Outstanding Skills
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?