Vodafone Ghana is going to hit Accra and Ghana with an extraordinary musical concert featuring some great contemporary African artiste as part of its 1st anniversary events.
The extraordinary musical extravaganza will feature live performances from P-Square and D’Banj as well as a number of Ghanaian stars for one huge unforgettable night of celebrations on Saturday, 22 May 2010 in Accra.
P-Square is one of the biggest touring artist duos in Africa today; and D’Banj is one of the greatest contemporary African musicians, who undisputedly rocks shows. The pairing of these two acts spiced by Ghanaian stars including Sarkodie, Eazzy and Ruff ‘n Smooth, is one that will set a standard to be beaten. This musical blast is happening live at the Dome at the International Conference Centre, Accra.
According to the Head of Strategy and Brands of Vodafone Ghana, Uche Ofodile, the concert will mark an extremely exciting time for African musical synergies, and also cement our belief that Vodafone is a global brand with local roots. “This is a clear demonstration of Vodafone’s quest in connecting its international standing to our local operations in Africa, our belief in African musical talents and how they match up with music talents anywhere in the world” Miss Ofodile added.
With this all-African stars concert, Vodafone is rewriting what has become the norm with such concerts that usually feature western artists. Vodafone is demonstrating that what is African is beautiful, exceptional and unique. The 020 Concert promises to be one that will be spoken about for a very long time to come.
“This concert is about celebrating a great brand, acknowledging the beauty and strength of contemporary African music and giving the public a foretaste of the things that lie ahead in the telecommunication industry”, says Miss Ofodile. Vodafone’s entry to the Ghanaian market has been an exciting one with the breaking of new grounds in product and service propositions to satisfy their customers. The 020 Concert is yet another of Vodafone’s innovations and ground-breaking drives.
Taking the stage on Saturday, 22nd May is arguably one of the continent’s biggest touring artists right now, P-Square. The hugely popular duo says “setting the records straight and re-writing history is what we are known for. We are pacesetters in the music industry, and we bring Ghana a bum of a performance.”
P-square remains the only artiste that has scored platinum with all their past three albums including the latest album “Danger”.
P-Square’s debut “LAST NITE” was released in 2003 and is reported to have sold out, the duo a household name in Nigeria with singles such as Kolo, Igbedu and Sinorita.
In July 2005, P-Square independently released its second album titled GET SQUARED and the first collection of their music videos in Nigeria. In November 2007 P-Square released their third award winning platinum album titled GAME OVER with hits songs ‘Do Me’ and ‘Roll It’. The album ‘GAME OVER’ received more accolades for its collection of breath taking videos directed by JUDE ENGEES OKOYE who happens to be the official Artiste Manager of P-Square till date.
D’Banj, obviously, is a show rocker and a great sensation in contemporary African music. On the stage come 22nd May, D’Banj promises Ghanaians and the music-loving public in Ghana, “a show that will rock them to the marrow”. D’Banj’s has recorded songs with established artistes like Ruggedman, JJC & 419 Squad, Weird MC, El Dee Da Don, Ikechukwu, SID and the newest sensations like; Wande Coal and D’ Prince among others.
He has also performed alongside many international artiste including Bennie Man, Wayne Wonder, Kevin Little, Ja Rule and was adjudge the best Nigerian performer at the THIS DAY MUSIC FESTIVAL which was held in Nigeria in October, 2006. He performed at the mentioned show alongside international music icons like Beyonce, Jay Z, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Missy Elliot, En Vogue, Ciara. D’Banj was recently appointed Nigeria’s first UNITED NATIONS YOUTH AMBASSADOR FOR PEACE and some of his many accolades include awards won at MTV Europe Music Awards, MTV Africa Music Awards, Hip Hop World Awards, Channel O Music Awards, Ghana Music Awards, Nigerian Music Awards and many others.
This unique live music experience is produced by Rockstar 4000 for Vodafone Ghana.
Ghana, stand up! This is going to be one big RED night of celebrations with the best in African Music!
Follow Vodafone presents: 020 LIVE! on:
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
- Mario Balotelli Says He Will Follow Kevin-Prince Boateng's Footsteps & Walk Off Pitch Next Time He's Racially Abused
- Juliet Ibrahim Does Not Care If You Think She SUCKS As An Actress
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?