Vodafone Ghana is going to hit Accra and Ghana with an extraordinary musical concert featuring some great contemporary African artiste as part of its 1st anniversary events.
The extraordinary musical extravaganza will feature live performances from P-Square and D’Banj as well as a number of Ghanaian stars for one huge unforgettable night of celebrations on Saturday, 22 May 2010 in Accra.
P-Square is one of the biggest touring artist duos in Africa today; and D’Banj is one of the greatest contemporary African musicians, who undisputedly rocks shows. The pairing of these two acts spiced by Ghanaian stars including Sarkodie, Eazzy and Ruff ‘n Smooth, is one that will set a standard to be beaten. This musical blast is happening live at the Dome at the International Conference Centre, Accra.
According to the Head of Strategy and Brands of Vodafone Ghana, Uche Ofodile, the concert will mark an extremely exciting time for African musical synergies, and also cement our belief that Vodafone is a global brand with local roots. “This is a clear demonstration of Vodafone’s quest in connecting its international standing to our local operations in Africa, our belief in African musical talents and how they match up with music talents anywhere in the world” Miss Ofodile added.
With this all-African stars concert, Vodafone is rewriting what has become the norm with such concerts that usually feature western artists. Vodafone is demonstrating that what is African is beautiful, exceptional and unique. The 020 Concert promises to be one that will be spoken about for a very long time to come.
“This concert is about celebrating a great brand, acknowledging the beauty and strength of contemporary African music and giving the public a foretaste of the things that lie ahead in the telecommunication industry”, says Miss Ofodile. Vodafone’s entry to the Ghanaian market has been an exciting one with the breaking of new grounds in product and service propositions to satisfy their customers. The 020 Concert is yet another of Vodafone’s innovations and ground-breaking drives.
Taking the stage on Saturday, 22nd May is arguably one of the continent’s biggest touring artists right now, P-Square. The hugely popular duo says “setting the records straight and re-writing history is what we are known for. We are pacesetters in the music industry, and we bring Ghana a bum of a performance.”
P-square remains the only artiste that has scored platinum with all their past three albums including the latest album “Danger”.
P-Square’s debut “LAST NITE” was released in 2003 and is reported to have sold out, the duo a household name in Nigeria with singles such as Kolo, Igbedu and Sinorita.
In July 2005, P-Square independently released its second album titled GET SQUARED and the first collection of their music videos in Nigeria. In November 2007 P-Square released their third award winning platinum album titled GAME OVER with hits songs ‘Do Me’ and ‘Roll It’. The album ‘GAME OVER’ received more accolades for its collection of breath taking videos directed by JUDE ENGEES OKOYE who happens to be the official Artiste Manager of P-Square till date.
D’Banj, obviously, is a show rocker and a great sensation in contemporary African music. On the stage come 22nd May, D’Banj promises Ghanaians and the music-loving public in Ghana, “a show that will rock them to the marrow”. D’Banj’s has recorded songs with established artistes like Ruggedman, JJC & 419 Squad, Weird MC, El Dee Da Don, Ikechukwu, SID and the newest sensations like; Wande Coal and D’ Prince among others.
He has also performed alongside many international artiste including Bennie Man, Wayne Wonder, Kevin Little, Ja Rule and was adjudge the best Nigerian performer at the THIS DAY MUSIC FESTIVAL which was held in Nigeria in October, 2006. He performed at the mentioned show alongside international music icons like Beyonce, Jay Z, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Missy Elliot, En Vogue, Ciara. D’Banj was recently appointed Nigeria’s first UNITED NATIONS YOUTH AMBASSADOR FOR PEACE and some of his many accolades include awards won at MTV Europe Music Awards, MTV Africa Music Awards, Hip Hop World Awards, Channel O Music Awards, Ghana Music Awards, Nigerian Music Awards and many others.
This unique live music experience is produced by Rockstar 4000 for Vodafone Ghana.
Ghana, stand up! This is going to be one big RED night of celebrations with the best in African Music!
Follow Vodafone presents: 020 LIVE! on:
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date