A conference for young and entrepreneurial entertainers dubbed ‘Pempamsie’ has ended on a promising note at the W.E.D. Dubois Memorial Centre. ‘Pempamsie’ is the next stop in the entertainment education, where you gain truly useful information about the industry.
The conference was for young people above the age of 14 who are interested in arts and entertainment in this country-a conference for entrepreneurial entertainers.
‘Pempamsie’ is an adinkra symbol which stands for preparation and anticipation and means “sew” and “keep”. This conference has prepared the youth for magnificent roles in the next generation of entertainment.
The three week conference had these topics; Prepare For Success, Understand The Money, The Success Story, Enhance My Creativity which was treated by the following professionals B.B. ‘The Virus’ Menson on the 8th May, 2010, Nana Agyei Parker on the 15th May, 2010 and of George ‘Gyo’ Gyimah and with Miss Naa and Ekow Black of Choice FM on the 22nd May, 2010.
Bushke on the last day of the conference treated the participants to his work as a graphic artist and how creativity is employed in his work.
In an exclusive interview with GhanaCelebrities.com, Nana Agyei Parker, the CEO of Tuntum Arts & Entertainment Ltd, also the brain behind the conference said:
“One of the things that inspired me to organize the conference was the challenges I faced as an individual coming up in the entertainment industry. There were a lot of people who helped me along the way, without their support, nothing would have been possible, so it’s just a question of giving back to the society. Making an impact in the lives of this young people and encouraging them to believe in themselves and to be creative and that they will also go and create further and meaningful impact in not only in their own lives but in the lives of the greater community”.
According to Nana Agyei Parker, one of the things he wants to achieve with the yearly conference is to start dialogue among the young and to give them the platform to realize their potential.
There were performances from Chicago, Borax, Chilly Doggy Dog, Eddison and his team, Egya Bomofour, Ras Bobo (dancer) to entertainment the participants.
The conference was organized by Tuntum Arts & Entertainment Ltd, an event management company specializing in Corporate Events such as conferences, Promotional Events like product launching.
Tuntum Arts & Entertainment has successfully organized youth events such as ‘Come Fly With Me’, ‘Ghana Will Shake’ and ‘Teens To The Top’ in the past.
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- BIG BROTHER AFRICA SEASON 8: The Chase-Seven Up Including Ghana’s Elikem
- OBS: A Ghanaian Nurse & Another Charged With 19 Counts Of Ill Treatment Of A Person Who Lacks Capacity In UK For Sleeping On Duty
- WEEKLY DISCUSSION: What Matters To You? Brand Names Or How You Look In An Outfit?
- POLITRICKS OF THE DAY: Rawlings Asks-Why Was Amidu Abandoned To Fight A Lonely Battle?
- Yvonne Nelson Sends Fathers’ Day Message To Her Mother | This Is What Happens When Ghanaian Fathers Are Irresponsible---A Clear Insult To Her Father
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- As Usual, Rihanna Kept Fans Waiting For 2 Hours In Birmingham
- PHOTO: Reggie Bush & His Baby
- PHOTOS: Christina Milian On Miss USA 2013 Red Carpet
- And You Wonder Why Chris Brown Keeps Going Back To Her? Karrueche Tran Spotted At Miami
- Serena Williams Flaunts Her Toned Beach Body & Of Course The Famous Backside At Miami
- Kim Kardashian Gives Birth to A Cute Baby Girl!
- Ciara Covers Fader Magazine
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening
- Airbrush Temporary Tattoos- How They Work Best?
- PEPLUM LEGGINS…HOT or NOT?
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines