A conference for young and entrepreneurial entertainers dubbed ‘Pempamsie’ has ended on a promising note at the W.E.D. Dubois Memorial Centre. ‘Pempamsie’ is the next stop in the entertainment education, where you gain truly useful information about the industry.
The conference was for young people above the age of 14 who are interested in arts and entertainment in this country-a conference for entrepreneurial entertainers.
‘Pempamsie’ is an adinkra symbol which stands for preparation and anticipation and means “sew” and “keep”. This conference has prepared the youth for magnificent roles in the next generation of entertainment.
The three week conference had these topics; Prepare For Success, Understand The Money, The Success Story, Enhance My Creativity which was treated by the following professionals B.B. ‘The Virus’ Menson on the 8th May, 2010, Nana Agyei Parker on the 15th May, 2010 and of George ‘Gyo’ Gyimah and with Miss Naa and Ekow Black of Choice FM on the 22nd May, 2010.
Bushke on the last day of the conference treated the participants to his work as a graphic artist and how creativity is employed in his work.
In an exclusive interview with GhanaCelebrities.com, Nana Agyei Parker, the CEO of Tuntum Arts & Entertainment Ltd, also the brain behind the conference said:
“One of the things that inspired me to organize the conference was the challenges I faced as an individual coming up in the entertainment industry. There were a lot of people who helped me along the way, without their support, nothing would have been possible, so it’s just a question of giving back to the society. Making an impact in the lives of this young people and encouraging them to believe in themselves and to be creative and that they will also go and create further and meaningful impact in not only in their own lives but in the lives of the greater community”.
According to Nana Agyei Parker, one of the things he wants to achieve with the yearly conference is to start dialogue among the young and to give them the platform to realize their potential.
There were performances from Chicago, Borax, Chilly Doggy Dog, Eddison and his team, Egya Bomofour, Ras Bobo (dancer) to entertainment the participants.
The conference was organized by Tuntum Arts & Entertainment Ltd, an event management company specializing in Corporate Events such as conferences, Promotional Events like product launching.
Tuntum Arts & Entertainment has successfully organized youth events such as ‘Come Fly With Me’, ‘Ghana Will Shake’ and ‘Teens To The Top’ in the past.
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know