In recent past, it has become the habit of Ghanaian movie stars (Ghallygold movie star) to show their displeasure at constructive criticisms labeled against them by the general public and the media for their various acts of misconducts either in the movies they appear in, or the wild life style they exhibit in their normal life activities.
The media took it up the crusade of criticizing actors and stakeholders in the movie industry when the issue of explicit images became a major topical issue, as a new paradigm shift of marketing movies in the country.
Some of the movies which have received bad publicity and negative criticisms by the media and the public include, Hot Fork, Hearts of Men, Guilty Pleasures, 4play , Shakira, just to mention a few.
Recently, when some Ghanaian movie actresses were alleged to have been involved in a sex scandal with a top Nigerian business man, it resulted in threats and insults against the media.
Members of the Art Writers Association of Ghana (AWAG) were threatened by movie stars, to the extent of blacklisting journalist from having access to them for interviews.The likes of Jackie Appiah, Juliet Ibrahim, Yvonne Nelson, Nadia Buri and Majid Michel have on countless occasions exhibited cold relationship towards the media.
Speaking in an interview with the Chronicle, one of the finest movie actors of Ghana, Peter Richie who was recently featured in the block buster movie “TRINITY” has stated that, Ghanaian movie stars should inculcate the attitude of grooming themselves to be tolerant of constructive criticisms from the general public and the media, as far as their career is concerned.
According to him, without the media and the general public there will be no movie industry. Mr. Richie noted that the movie star’s career is interlinked to the general public and the media.He further noted that it is about time Ghanaian actors employ good PRs who understand how to deal with the media when it comes to publications concerning their career and life style.
Mr. Richie urged stars to have an open house policy towards the media and the general public which in his opinion is the best way to manage the their relationship with the media devoid of threats and coldness.
Credit: Chris Twum
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?