The latter part of 2003 saw the emergence of a new heir to traditional Ghanaian music. It was not as if, he was reinventing the wheel but something almost surreal about the Afro-beat singer and performer Albert Apozori, trading as King Ayisoba made him an instant hit and his fame soared. “Siri na”, “Kai Kai”, and a host of other post modernist musical innovations would fetch him some multiple awards.
But even with music awards he has had to battle for gigs, media interviews and approval from those same audiences and core listeners who fell for his style years back.
The disc jockeys who, in 2007 would play his title track “I want to see you my father” without the influence of payola, seem no more interested. The television stations which used to heavily rotate several of his music videos appear unfazed by the declining goodwill of the Rasta-haired dude.
His management team, Pidjen Music, owned by Sound Engineer Panji Anoff, it seems, isn’t happy with this trend to the extent that, Ayisoba, who used to be the main milk cow for the label as well as its face, is wallowing in the creepy world of show business.
In a face-saving marketing gambit aimed at making the Ayisoba brand once more cherished, the label has put together a documentary of the life story of the musician on Video Compact Disc for sale.
The over an hour-long film titled: “Kologo Spirit”, also features some carefully selected eleven music videos of the musician with added footage of live stage performances.
It is clear this marketing strategy would reignite Ayisoba’s declining popularity. It is also that Pidjen Music will give it the necessary push than they are currently doing for “Coz Ov Moni”, a musical by M3nsa and Wanlov Kubolo, the label’s other mates.
Anyway, time will tell how “kologo” will fare as the young man from Bongo Soe tries to get his groove back!
Story by Obed Boafo
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?