Have you noticed that when you reach a certain age the clock in your head starts to give hints about marriage? Is this clock biological or sometimes is it also society (like your family or friends) that ticks in your head? If anybody had told me marriage is about age when growing up, then I think I would have waited a little bit before hitting 20 and above. Unfortunately this is not how this commitment appears to function. I am not the type that is scared of ageing.
I don’t know about any of you, but I think ageing makes one wiser and confident. The song says ‘all you need is love’, and I couldn’t agree more. Some people probably started making wedding plans before hitting 20. For instance thoughts of what their wedding is going to be like, where and what age they ‘must’ settle down. I have come across many people who always relate marriage to age and got me thinking…what is this about? Who makes these rules anyway?
What happened to ‘I am in love and want to spend the rest of my life with the one I want to be the mother or father of my children. Instead of ‘I need to settle down because I am ageing’?
I try to stay away from such people to avoid the pressure of settling down because of age or for comfort. Marriage as I have understood is a union between two individuals depending on the culture. Perhaps I should get a reality check but I am sure some will agree with me that marriage and having a family is about taking a responsibility for another individual. It seems like some of us do forget this and rush into marriage for the reason of ageing. There is absolutely nothing wrong in getting married in my point of view. I still endure in the age of romance and would settle for the sake of passion, understanding and caring.
Somewhere along the process of ageing, society I reckon exerts pressure about marriage when one reaches a certain age. For instance your parent (mother) indirectly reminding you of grandchildren and so fourth? This might probably sound pointless or irrational to some of you. It is obvious that some people marry for many reasons; whether economical, religious, legal, social, love etc. Nobody can make predictions on when or whom to marry, however with a solid relationship and mutual decisions, one can definitely end up marrying the person of their choice at the right time.
What do you think of an open relationship or open marriage? Would you agree to an open relationship or suggest this to a partner?
Written & Submitted To GhanaCelebrities.Com By Mabel Korle
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
- Mario Balotelli Says He Will Follow Kevin-Prince Boateng's Footsteps & Walk Off Pitch Next Time He's Racially Abused
- Juliet Ibrahim Does Not Care If You Think She SUCKS As An Actress
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?