Former Hitz Fm’s morning show co-host Afi Dzakpasu has taken up a new role as Public Relations Manager at Viasat1. Afi Dzakpasu joined the company from Hitz Fm, one of the operating units of the Multimedia Group.
She held several positions including News Editor, Reporter, News Anchor and co-presenter for the station’s morning show. A noticeable inclusion to Hitz Fm’s programming during her tenure there is the Hitz Entertainment News, which included updates from the 3 movie industries that continues to impact the entertainment industry in Ghana – Ghallywood, Nollywood and Hollywood. Management at Viasat1 believes her skill-set and experience will help deliver the PR goals of the company.
In a recent interview Afi revealed that the offer from Viasat1 came at a time she was looking to expand her career horizons in media circles. She said “Broadcasting is in my genes as you can tell from my work experience and I will also be doing some on-air work on the channel, apart from driving the PR agenda. I believe Viasat1 is the perfect place to offer me challenges that will enable me to achieve my career goals.”
Speaking about the new appointment, the CEO of Viasat1, Rune Skogeng said, “We are very delighted to have Miss Dzakpasu on the team. She was recommended to us by industry experts and I believe she will fit nicely within our organization. He added, “I believe she brings to the company fresh and new insights to drive the business to the next level”.
Afi Dzakpasu holds a BA Degree in Communication Studies Certificate from the University of Ghana. With almost 8 years experience in the voice-over industry and reporting for the internet, radio and television, it is believed she will prosper in her role as the face of Ghana’s No.1 entertainment TV channel.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!