The name “Yaa Pono” sounds funny and catches the mind when mentioned. The bearer of this name is lyrically retarded and stupid; he has a good control over words and has a good sense of humour engraved in his rap style.
Many believe he is the underground King Kong when it comes to freestyle rap in Ghana. I believe he is Ghana’s version of Eminem or Jin. He has a good lyrical dexterity and employs more than a single language in his rap style to catch the attention of his fans.
He can make a rap out of nothing, Throw him an object and he will come out with a good punch line around that subject. His rap style has some element of uniqueness and since the day I came across his freestyles, I have been a fan on a watch out to see if he can push his way through to become the next Big name in the Ghanaian Music Industry.
Prior to various freestyle rap videos of Yaa Pono appearing on social networking sites like Youtube and Facebook, those in Ghana might have heard him on Dr Ducan’s Kasahara Level Show on Adom Fm.
It was the same show that discovered and brought Sarkodie to us. Actually, Yaa Pono and Sarkodie used to be very “tight paddies”, hustling through Studios to chase their dream of music.
When success comes, many forget friends and this happened to the two youngsters. Sarkodie was lucky to firstly see the light and has since kept a distance from Yaa Pono.I rather thought he would help him come out of the underground world too. (Anyway, this is not the subject of my write up so will not go into it, maybe when I find some time, would consider blogging on that…)
Tema is the rap factory..Yaa Pono says in one of his freestyles and it could be true since various big and successful rappers like R2bees and Sarkodie belong to the T.E.M.A clan…
Check Out Below the various freestyles from the man I prefer to call..The Next Take Over.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- BIG BROTHER AFRICA SEASON 8: The Chase-Seven Up Including Ghana’s Elikem
- OBS: A Ghanaian Nurse & Another Charged With 19 Counts Of Ill Treatment Of A Person Who Lacks Capacity In UK For Sleeping On Duty
- WEEKLY DISCUSSION: What Matters To You? Brand Names Or How You Look In An Outfit?
- POLITRICKS OF THE DAY: Rawlings Asks-Why Was Amidu Abandoned To Fight A Lonely Battle?
- Yvonne Nelson Sends Fathers’ Day Message To Her Mother | This Is What Happens When Ghanaian Fathers Are Irresponsible---A Clear Insult To Her Father
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- As Usual, Rihanna Kept Fans Waiting For 2 Hours In Birmingham
- PHOTO: Reggie Bush & His Baby
- PHOTOS: Christina Milian On Miss USA 2013 Red Carpet
- And You Wonder Why Chris Brown Keeps Going Back To Her? Karrueche Tran Spotted At Miami
- Serena Williams Flaunts Her Toned Beach Body & Of Course The Famous Backside At Miami
- Kim Kardashian Gives Birth to A Cute Baby Girl!
- Ciara Covers Fader Magazine
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening
- Airbrush Temporary Tattoos- How They Work Best?
- PEPLUM LEGGINS…HOT or NOT?
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines