4X4 is a rap group discovered by Buk Bak several years back. They were only two members then, namely Captain Planet (Sylvanus Dodji Jeoffrey) and Abortion (Raphael Edem Avornyo).
They released their maiden album ‘Siklitele’ in 2003. ‘Contestant Number 1’ followed it in 2007. Fresh Prince (Prince Tamakloe) who was featured on their 2007 hit HotGirls.com joined the group to make it three.
A lot of awareness was created in the media when Fresh Prince joined the group, so if people are saying Shaka Zulu is a member of the group, why wasn’t any alertness created?
When Richard Cobbina known as Shaka Zulu was arrested some weeks ago, some section of the public carried the story as if he is a member of the 4X4 rap trio. GhanaCelebrities.com then quickly hurried to the office of Mr. Duke Banson of Boomerang Night Club, also the manager of the rap trio.
Though, we are aware Shaka Zulu is not a member of 4X4, we thought it will be excellent to hear from the horse’s own mouth. Mr. Banson explained what happened before they came into contact with him and his subsequently appearance in the ‘Fresh One’ video. Shaka Zulu also appear in a TV commercial for Tigo.
Though he confessed being an armed robber, he says he only robbed just once so he could get money to take care of his pregnant wife and organize an impressive naming ceremony for his baby. Duke Banson acknowledged that, the above should not be a reason for him to go into armed robbery…
GhanaCelebrities.com: The rumour in town says Shaka Zulu is a member of the 4X4 rap trio. What do you have to say about that? What really happened?
Duke Banson: Basic, when we decided to shoot the video for ‘Fresh One’, we contracted an agency to get us some models, (that’s what we normally do), because we can’t go around looking for models. So out of the people that they came up with, we used him for the video.
Watch 4X4 Fresh Ones (Shaka Zulu) Video
GhanaCelebrities.com: So he is not a member of 4X4?
Duke Banson: He is not a member of 4X4! He has never being 4X4 and he cannot be a member of 4X4. And secondly, he was not the only dancer or the Shaka Zulu in the video; there are about 11 of them, so basically all of them should be part of 4X4, including the spears they were holding in the video.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Why did you use him in the video? Is it about his looks or there is something really you guys looked out for? Why did you choose him?
Duke Banson: We did not choose him. As Paradise Entertainment, we have whole lots of artistes, some of these things you have to contract it out, because its not a one man show, you have to contract it and we liked his features and so were the other 10 that we used. At least Out of the 11 and 1 has stand out to be a bad apple and not the rest of the 10, we should be grateful to the Almighty.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Do you have any idea why, they are associating him to 4X4?
Duke Banson: Oh! It’s just a pure mischief. And also 4X4 is a great group, anything 4X4 sells. Right now, as we speak their next single is ready and its hot like anything you have ever heard. So 4X4 is a group that sells, 4X4 is big, 4X4 is huge, so that’s why everyday 4X4 this, 4X4 that. So it’s pure mischief.
GhanaCelebrities.com: (cuts in) So are you saying because 4X4 is huge, that’s why they are associating Shaka Zulu to them?
Duke Banson: Exactly! 4X4 has not committed any crime; they are law abiding citizen group.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Are they really worried about the whole situation?
Duke Banson: No, they are not worried; they are only surprised and really disappointed. They are worried the manner as to why will someone associates them to the guy. They are trying to be as law abiding as possible in all their endeavours. And some people are trying to criminalize them.
It’s very sad, we have to protect our own, when you get to Nigeria their musicians are getting bigger because we they get the support of the media. If a musician does a wrong thing, he should not be spared but if he has not, lets us promote our musicians, not only 4X4.
GhanaCelebrities.com: What do you suggest should be done to him?
Duke Banson: This is the matter for the court. We don’t condone armed robbery, so I won’t sit here and say something since I don’t know the facts of the case, I don’t know details of the case.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Do you think he is guilty?
Duke Banson: I wish I was as qualified as to be able to say if he is guilty or not guilty. I wish I have that special ability since you are giving me credit. I cannot pronounce on that, I wish I was that gifted, before the case is heard, I could tell the outcome, like I will be a rich man.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Do you have anything else to say?
Duke Banson: No! I don’t really have anything to say expect to but I want to tell journalist, media, lets help promote our musicians. Let’s promote Ghana music; you guys should not bring Ghana down, let’s promote the music.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Thank you for your time.
Duke Banson: Thank you also.
Story by Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- I Will Win The Best Actor Soon – Rahim Banda
- PHOTOS + VIDEO: Lunch With Actress Juliet Ibrahim & Family, Miss Ghana 2007-Frances Takyi-Mensah & GC Reader-Delores
- Yvonne Okoro Talks About Why She Is Still Living With Her Parents, Why She Never Does Sex Scenes & Humanitarian Work
- I Dedicate AMVCA Best Actress Award To Shirley Frimpong Manso – Jackie Appiah
- Videos + Photos: A Wonderful Night Out With Star Actress Jackie Appiah In London
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?