Odenke Abbey also known as Marcel Desailly, the retired French footballer and star of the France national football squad, with whom he won the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000, has made known his intentions to fill in the vacant coaching job of Ghana’s national team, the Black Stars.
The former FC Nantes, Olympique de Marseille, AC Milan and Chelsea defender revealed this during yesterday’s UEFA Champions League group stage match between Bayern Munich and AS Roma.
On answering the question from Anthony Baffoe in the Viasat1 football studios, Desailly said he is available for the job but was quick to add that he is aware about due process in filling the prestigious position.
Desailly also told the Viasat 1 host that he hopes to become the FIRST African to wield a Coaching Pro Certificate. He is presently pursuing a coaching certificate A and believes his newly acquired knowledge is a tremendous addition to his qualification in a coaching capacity.
Is Ghana ready for Marcel Desailly? Do you think he will understand what losing a match means to Ghanaians?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- What is So Special About Celebrity Autograph Sections At Events That Fans Die For?
- Embossing VGMA winners’ Names on Plaques is Not Necessary-Charterhouse PRO
- Most Members of Ghana Actors Guild Including A-Listers Don’t Pay Dues – Making the Guild Unable To Seek Actors’ Welfare
- 19 Years Sad Prison Story of Geeman to Be Used For a Movie
- Kumawood Actors Disqualified From Travelling - For Not Being Internet-Exposed?