The Big Brother Africa is in it’s 60 days and still going but this week saw a controversial decision and absurd conduct by two of the house mates-Hannington Kuteesa (male) from Uganda and Lerato Sengadi ( female) from South Africa.
The aged always say when you see two people fighting, it is always better to ask what happened yesterday or the day before because most fights spring from the past. Let me take you far back before the actual beating then….
In the BB house, Lerato in a continuous manner verbally abused her housemate Hannington until the latter got very upset and physically abused her (beat her up on live TV).
Various Rights Groups and viewers called for the kick out of the African Chris-Brown (woman beater) which M-Net, the organizers of the ongoing Big Brother All Star did.
What happened to the woman verbal abuser? She remains in the BB House but punished or admonished by undertaking a task designed by Big Brother to punish her.
No one will tolerate violence in any form towards any other in this world, either verbal or physical no matter where it is coming from (man or woman).
However, Big Brother Africa’s decision to far outweigh a physical abuse over a verbal abuse by kicking out the physical assaulter and leaving the verbal assaulter says a lot about how most Africans think a woman can “nonsensely” insult to the highness degree and this should not be considered as hurtful or anything much.
I will never attempt, defend or even try to justify the act of beating a woman in anyway but I believe the same eye should be used to look at verbal assaults coming from women (insults) in our societies.
Some women can verbally hurt and provoke a man to the degree that he may loose his temper, a man who cannot talk back and lack respect for womanhood would result to his hands.
In anyway, every assault to me is an assault and can hurt an individual. I find the decision of M-Net to kick out the male contestant and leave the female contestant very bias, an attempt to favour one gender over the other, a vivid act of Gender favouritism.
What is your take on this? What is Big Brother telling all Africans, that it is acceptable for a woman to insult a man but not acceptable for a man to beat a woman?
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
- If R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ Then Charter House May Redefine That Category + My Predictions For The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013
- VIDEO: E.L Talks About What He Meant When He Said He Is No Longer Doing Any Collaborations With Ghanaian Rappers
- Mario Balotelli Says He Will Follow Kevin-Prince Boateng's Footsteps & Walk Off Pitch Next Time He's Racially Abused
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?