It was reported by the Business Guide Newspaper today that some prominent Ghanaian entrepreneurs residing in UK and USA have teamed up and managed to get hold of McDonald’s franchise to start operation in Ghana.
Spots like Kotoka International Airport, Osu , Accra Mall and Spintex Road will see the face of McDonalds in 2011.
McDonalds primarily sells french fries, soft drinks, burgers, chicken products, milks shakes (my favourite but I am not fat yet) and deserts.
Over the last few years, various health organizations in western countries where McDonalds is already in massive operation have criticized their food. Obesity is a common thing most attribute to McDonalds.
Some people have tagged McDonalds as cheap food restaurant spreading obesity and various health problems.
They are coming to our dearest Ghana. My left eye sees development, employment and cheap food on our streets. My right eye is digging deep into obesity, various health issues and poor standard of operation.
We already have HIV, Malaria, TB and other health issues that we insufficiently battling with our inadequate resources and personnel.
Considering the fact that we have more than enough already made food like Kenkey, “Kelewele”, “Atormo” and co on our streets all the time, do we really need McDonalds in Ghana? What do you think they will bring to us at large, obesity or development? Let’s get talking…… Before you comment, read this last thing …
“The US fast food industry and health campaigners are watching closely a lawsuit filed on behalf of several obese teenagers who claim the fast-food company McDonald’s is responsible for making them fat…..”
“The lawsuit, filed by lawyer Samuel Hirsch in a Manhattan federal court, alleges that McDonald’s violated New York state’s consumer fraud statutes by deliberately misleading consumers into thinking their cheeseburgers and other products were healthy and nutritious-BBC”
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- CELEB STYLE: Captain Planet’s Glitzy Appearance At 2013 Cannes Film Festival Alongside Hollywood Actress
- 2768 Downloads In 2 Weeks Since I 'UnCopyrighted' My Life Changing Book-'Success Is A Right, Not A Privilege'…Get Your FREE Copy Now!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
- RED CARPET FAB: Photos + I Was Given The All Important Red Carpet Attention Alongside Fred Nuamah At 2013 Cannes Film Festival…
- Introducing Edith Faalong As Naana In 'Living With Trisha'
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?