It was reported by the Business Guide Newspaper today that some prominent Ghanaian entrepreneurs residing in UK and USA have teamed up and managed to get hold of McDonald’s franchise to start operation in Ghana.
Spots like Kotoka International Airport, Osu , Accra Mall and Spintex Road will see the face of McDonalds in 2011.
McDonalds primarily sells french fries, soft drinks, burgers, chicken products, milks shakes (my favourite but I am not fat yet) and deserts.
Over the last few years, various health organizations in western countries where McDonalds is already in massive operation have criticized their food. Obesity is a common thing most attribute to McDonalds.
Some people have tagged McDonalds as cheap food restaurant spreading obesity and various health problems.
They are coming to our dearest Ghana. My left eye sees development, employment and cheap food on our streets. My right eye is digging deep into obesity, various health issues and poor standard of operation.
We already have HIV, Malaria, TB and other health issues that we insufficiently battling with our inadequate resources and personnel.
Considering the fact that we have more than enough already made food like Kenkey, “Kelewele”, “Atormo” and co on our streets all the time, do we really need McDonalds in Ghana? What do you think they will bring to us at large, obesity or development? Let’s get talking…… Before you comment, read this last thing …
“The US fast food industry and health campaigners are watching closely a lawsuit filed on behalf of several obese teenagers who claim the fast-food company McDonald’s is responsible for making them fat…..”
“The lawsuit, filed by lawyer Samuel Hirsch in a Manhattan federal court, alleges that McDonald’s violated New York state’s consumer fraud statutes by deliberately misleading consumers into thinking their cheeseburgers and other products were healthy and nutritious-BBC”
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Reason Why Sarkodie & Stonebwoy Performed In Front Of Just 27 People At The BET Experience Revealed
- Sarkodie & John Dumelo Are About to Be KILLED | Prophet Says GOD Is Angry & He Is Going To Seriously Knock Them Out
- PHOTO: Juliet Ibrahim Wears 3D Eyebrows | What The Hell Is That Even?
- My Thoughts On Shatta Wale’s Sale Of His Ghana Music Award Plaques For 2 Cedis | There Is NOTHING Inherently WRONG With This...
- CONFIRMED: Sarkodie & Stonebwoy Performed in Front Of Just 27 People Made Up Of Cameramen, 'Cleaners' & Others At The 'BET Experience' (AUDIO Added)