It was reported by the Business Guide Newspaper today that some prominent Ghanaian entrepreneurs residing in UK and USA have teamed up and managed to get hold of McDonald’s franchise to start operation in Ghana.
Spots like Kotoka International Airport, Osu , Accra Mall and Spintex Road will see the face of McDonalds in 2011.
McDonalds primarily sells french fries, soft drinks, burgers, chicken products, milks shakes (my favourite but I am not fat yet) and deserts.
Over the last few years, various health organizations in western countries where McDonalds is already in massive operation have criticized their food. Obesity is a common thing most attribute to McDonalds.
Some people have tagged McDonalds as cheap food restaurant spreading obesity and various health problems.
They are coming to our dearest Ghana. My left eye sees development, employment and cheap food on our streets. My right eye is digging deep into obesity, various health issues and poor standard of operation.
We already have HIV, Malaria, TB and other health issues that we insufficiently battling with our inadequate resources and personnel.
Considering the fact that we have more than enough already made food like Kenkey, “Kelewele”, “Atormo” and co on our streets all the time, do we really need McDonalds in Ghana? What do you think they will bring to us at large, obesity or development? Let’s get talking…… Before you comment, read this last thing …
“The US fast food industry and health campaigners are watching closely a lawsuit filed on behalf of several obese teenagers who claim the fast-food company McDonald’s is responsible for making them fat…..”
“The lawsuit, filed by lawyer Samuel Hirsch in a Manhattan federal court, alleges that McDonald’s violated New York state’s consumer fraud statutes by deliberately misleading consumers into thinking their cheeseburgers and other products were healthy and nutritious-BBC”
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: It's Stephanie Karikari...Miss Ghana 2010/2011 So Don't Mistake Her For A Night Adabraka Worker
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: On Africa Union Day...See How SMART Our Leaders Are...
- On African Union Day: Nigeria Suffers Fuel Shortage Whilst Ghana Wallows In Dumsor | Where Is This Continent Going?
- READERS' MAIL: The Hypocrisy & Thievery Nature of Ghanaians | The CEO of Red Row Estate Joined Yvonne Nelson for Dumsor Vigil When His Estate Runs On ECG Illegal Connections…
- Who's Lying? Security Guard At the Red Row Estate Confirms the Entire Estate Has Been Disconnected But Management Says Only 12 of Their Houses Had the Illegal Connection