October 1st, 2008 saw the birth of GhanaCelebrities.Com which means GC will be 2 years old in just about a week time. It is on this day that the first article was published on GC.
Prior to this day, I remember sitting on the phone with my partner in crime ( Ebenezer Anangfio) for almost 2 hours talking about the concept of starting a celebrity pop culture website in Ghana to provide daily Ghanaian celebrity news, gossips, interviews, videos, articles and photos.
Finally, we settled on the name GhanaCelebrities.Com and the first post captioned “EXPOSED!!! Richard Bezuidenhout’s Affair With Popular Ghanaian Actress Jackie Appiah” was made.
We started with about 10 visitors a day and have moved to over 100,000 monthly unique visitors. The journey has been a hectic one as we battled to gain acceptance and carve for our self the popularity we enjoy today. Various celebrities have blasted us and we have also blasted others…
As if it was just yesterday, I can vividly remember our first celebrity interview with Wanlov Da Kubolor, then Mensa Ansah and then Yvonne Nelson. I can say these 3 celebs gave us a massive root. Though we were young at the time, they still granted us the audience we needed.
I am indebted to the above 3 people for those interviews since it was the foundation upon which GC was built. Over the last 2years, we have interviewed almost all the Ghanaian celebrities-from Adjetey Anang (Pusher ) to Zugah Vicky (A-Z).
The success and the huge readership GC enjoys today is as a result of the help, advice, criticisms and suggestions I received from various personal celebrity friends who thought it wise to point out things that they saw as unnecessary and would not help in our operation.
I cannot list the names of all these celebrities but it is worth expressing my profound thanks to my good friends Confidence Haugen & Ama K Abebrese.
Hey Confidence, I still remember the Nandos and the movie “Hang Over” we watched, Mike Tyson’s kick was the bomb. Ama K, the Japanese restaurant was great, let’s do it sometimes soon. Even when we were supposed to be dinning, these people always chipped in their little advice which I believe has brought GC this far…
Thanks to the other celebrities I talk or chat to once a while about various issues. Leila Djansi, Luckie Lawson, Vicky Zugah, Juliet Ibrahim, Dentaa (Madam Guba), and co, I owe you all a lot and I appreciate your support.
I did not write all that have made GC today and I owe the current and past writers a lot. Ebenezer Anangfio, you are still the man ( I still remember the tea bread and fried eggs you got me the last time I was in Ghana).
Special thanks to Obour Amankwa, Cassie Johnson, Ameyaw Debrah, Yaa Kesiwaa, Almighty Gossip Mama, Perpetual Agyeman, Eric Anokye, Kathyrose Lui & Regina Sackey Addo.
To all the guest writers who send in articles occasionally, GC salutes you all.
Most importantly, GhanaCelebrities.Com is what it is today because of you (the readers). Sometimes, It amazes “myself” how GC has been able to build up such a strong readership.
I thank you all for making GC what it is today especially hilarious commentators like Miss Dior, Shocker, Lily, Dadogfather, Ghallday, That Guy, Akosuaghana, Joseph Midnight, Syn, MEE, Miyagi , Maaka Maaka, TheChuckylee, Mimi & Adjoa Nbaaso)
GC is almost 2 years old, what has been your experience, observation and contribution? What do you think needs to be changed, eradicated or enhanced ? Share your thoughts!
On GC’s actual birthday, we will give out something special to a lucky reader so keep watching this space….
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- BIG BROTHER AFRICA SEASON 8: The Chase-Seven Up Including Ghana’s Elikem
- OBS: A Ghanaian Nurse & Another Charged With 19 Counts Of Ill Treatment Of A Person Who Lacks Capacity In UK For Sleeping On Duty
- WEEKLY DISCUSSION: What Matters To You? Brand Names Or How You Look In An Outfit?
- POLITRICKS OF THE DAY: Rawlings Asks-Why Was Amidu Abandoned To Fight A Lonely Battle?
- Yvonne Nelson Sends Fathers’ Day Message To Her Mother | This Is What Happens When Ghanaian Fathers Are Irresponsible---A Clear Insult To Her Father
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- As Usual, Rihanna Kept Fans Waiting For 2 Hours In Birmingham
- PHOTO: Reggie Bush & His Baby
- PHOTOS: Christina Milian On Miss USA 2013 Red Carpet
- And You Wonder Why Chris Brown Keeps Going Back To Her? Karrueche Tran Spotted At Miami
- Serena Williams Flaunts Her Toned Beach Body & Of Course The Famous Backside At Miami
- Kim Kardashian Gives Birth to A Cute Baby Girl!
- Ciara Covers Fader Magazine
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening
- Airbrush Temporary Tattoos- How They Work Best?
- PEPLUM LEGGINS…HOT or NOT?
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines