One of the industrious Ghanaian actress with many years of experience Selassie Ibrahim is about to sparkle again after a break from the screens.
The beautiful and talented actress who has paid her dues to Ghana’s movie industry, is not only moving her acting career in a different direction, but is also backtracking onto the screens to pursue other aspirations in the gradual glowing movie industry.
Currently, the one time favourite screen goddess is set to encrypt her name on the movie pedestal as a producer with her first movie titled ‘The CEO’. This will grace the movie scene very soon and there are high expectations that she will raise the standards as she joins the many female movie producers in Ghana who are giving their male counterparts a hot chase.
“Unless you are not a creative thinker, once you are in an industry, you learn to upgrade yourself. It’s like learning how to sew. You go into learning how to sew and it gets to a point you, like everybody, are using your hands, so let me go and learn how to use the electronic machine and then you move on to learn how to do designing. Once you are in an industry, you have to upgrade yourself. It has been my dream to have my own production because we as actresses can also create employment and give people the opportunity to also exhibit their talents,” Selassie said.
The movie, she indicated, will roll out concurrently with her new TV programme and lifestyle magazine, which are both christened, ‘Smath People,’ all by her Smarttys Management & Production Company.
The TV programme is an exclusive, personality-profile interview programme, created to engage prominent people in all fields of endeavour, including presidents, businessmen, lawyers, pastors, traditional rulers and more, to bring to the fore what they have had to go through and how hard they have had to work to achieve their present status.
The lifestyle magazine will also celebrate achievers in society, motivate and entertain readers, as well as serve as a beacon of hope when the odds are down.
The movie, written by Selassie and directed by John Inzedomi and Afam Okereke, tells a story of Gloria, a CEO, played Selassie herself. She is an uncompromising, meticulous, principled, demanding and unfriendly woman, who is set to prove to everyone that she can go beyond public expectations of a woman.
She fires her workers at the slightest mistake. There can be no slip-ups in her world. She succeeds in her business almost at the detriment of her family and then her daughter is kidnapped. There, intrigue, suspense and betrayal set in. The movie blends a wonderful cast, including some of the crème de la crème in Nigeria and Ghana’s movie industries.
Among them are Nadia Buari, Roselyn Ngissah, Desmond Elliot and number of others.
Selassie said the movie is targeted at reminding women in particular about some of their responsibilities.
“Now, there are a lot of women in the forefront of businesses and majority of these women are so hard that they forget that the other aspects of their lives (families) also need their attention. They are like, ok, let me give 80 percent of my time to my work and 20 percent to my family, with the impression that the family will understand. Such women are however the first people who get suspicious when they think that their husbands have stayed out too late, meanwhile, they themselves are hardly home,” she explained.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: North Korea’s Leader- Kim Jong Un KILLS His Own Uncle Who Was The 2nd Most Powerful Official
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date