I caught up with Ama K Abebrese, TV Presenter/Actress in the midst of some “precious friends” for dinner 2 days ago and since we are still waiting for the much anticipated blockbuster movie “Sinking Sands” in which she plays the lead role alongside popular Hollywood Actor Jimmy Jean Louis, I decided to use some of my dinner time with her talking about “Sinking Sands” and other projects she is working on.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : How was your experience working on “Sinking Sands” as a lead Actress along side the Hollywood star like Jimmy jean Louis?
It was a great experience playing the lead in the movie, what made it easier is that we had a good production team that were on hand to make the whole experience very comfortable for me. A lot of the scenes in the film were highly emotional and I really had to apply method acting to really get into the character Pabi. I learnt a lot about myself playing her and about my own personal strength and imitations. Working with Jimmy was nice, he is down to earth and that made it easy to work alongside him.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : Let me chip in this, what is your take on the recent “soft porn” movies coming out of Ghana?
I feel like it was inevitable that this trend was going to happen in films and hopefully it will pass. Sex as the saying goes sells and it was not much of a surprise when some producers started using it, as it did in the very least get people talking about those films and going out to buy a copy. I do not have a problem with love making scenes in films, however I feel like it should be tastefully done and have relevance to the story as a whole, and most important that the actors are not exploited.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : You have worked with one of the best Ghanaian directors/script writers “Leila Djansi” who wrote and directed “Sinking Sands”, which other Ghanaian directors or script writers do you aspire to work with ?
The Godfather of Ghanaian film Kwaw Ansah, his films Love Brewed in an African Pot and Heritage Africa are such a classic films, it would be nice to work with him. I am also open to work with anyone who is professional and creative and have good stories to tell. The Ghanaian film industry is growing and soon there will be an emergence of more and more filmmakers, the thought of that is very appealing to me. I would also like to work with other African filmmakers on the continent and in the Diaspora.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : What other projects are you working on now?
I starred in Revele Films movie Elmina which is coming out later on in the year and I am very excited about that. I am currently associate/executive producing for Viasat 1 own productions, and there are a few other projects that are in the pipeline, you will find out soon enough.
Watch The Trailer Of ”Sinking Sands” Below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- I Will Win The Best Actor Soon – Rahim Banda
- PHOTOS + VIDEO: Lunch With Actress Juliet Ibrahim & Family, Miss Ghana 2007-Frances Takyi-Mensah & GC Reader-Delores
- Yvonne Okoro Talks About Why She Is Still Living With Her Parents, Why She Never Does Sex Scenes & Humanitarian Work
- I Dedicate AMVCA Best Actress Award To Shirley Frimpong Manso – Jackie Appiah
- Videos + Photos: A Wonderful Night Out With Star Actress Jackie Appiah In London
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?