I caught up with Ama K Abebrese, TV Presenter/Actress in the midst of some “precious friends” for dinner 2 days ago and since we are still waiting for the much anticipated blockbuster movie “Sinking Sands” in which she plays the lead role alongside popular Hollywood Actor Jimmy Jean Louis, I decided to use some of my dinner time with her talking about “Sinking Sands” and other projects she is working on.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : How was your experience working on “Sinking Sands” as a lead Actress along side the Hollywood star like Jimmy jean Louis?
It was a great experience playing the lead in the movie, what made it easier is that we had a good production team that were on hand to make the whole experience very comfortable for me. A lot of the scenes in the film were highly emotional and I really had to apply method acting to really get into the character Pabi. I learnt a lot about myself playing her and about my own personal strength and imitations. Working with Jimmy was nice, he is down to earth and that made it easy to work alongside him.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : Let me chip in this, what is your take on the recent “soft porn” movies coming out of Ghana?
I feel like it was inevitable that this trend was going to happen in films and hopefully it will pass. Sex as the saying goes sells and it was not much of a surprise when some producers started using it, as it did in the very least get people talking about those films and going out to buy a copy. I do not have a problem with love making scenes in films, however I feel like it should be tastefully done and have relevance to the story as a whole, and most important that the actors are not exploited.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : You have worked with one of the best Ghanaian directors/script writers “Leila Djansi” who wrote and directed “Sinking Sands”, which other Ghanaian directors or script writers do you aspire to work with ?
The Godfather of Ghanaian film Kwaw Ansah, his films Love Brewed in an African Pot and Heritage Africa are such a classic films, it would be nice to work with him. I am also open to work with anyone who is professional and creative and have good stories to tell. The Ghanaian film industry is growing and soon there will be an emergence of more and more filmmakers, the thought of that is very appealing to me. I would also like to work with other African filmmakers on the continent and in the Diaspora.
GhanaCelebrities.Com : What other projects are you working on now?
I starred in Revele Films movie Elmina which is coming out later on in the year and I am very excited about that. I am currently associate/executive producing for Viasat 1 own productions, and there are a few other projects that are in the pipeline, you will find out soon enough.
Watch The Trailer Of “Sinking Sands” Below
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- HOT SHOTS: Actress Nuong Faalong Releases New Promo Photos + Talks About Her Next Films
- One of the Greatest MINDS at Sparrow Productions | Ken Attoh Talks About the Magic Behind Sparrow Productions' Success, the Future, His Relationship With Shirley Frimpong Manso, Problems Facing Film Making in Ghana And SO MUCH MORE!
- Reggie Rockstone Talks About Bringing Hiplife to Ghana, the Changes the Genre Has Seen, Being a Member of VVIP & MORE
- Meet the Young Norwegian Film-Makers-Ole Elverhøi & Marius Myrmel Who Brought Their First Short Film ‘Without You’ to the 67th Cannes Film Festival
- Cannes Film Festival: Film-Maker York-Fabian Raabe Talks About ‘Children of Sodom’, Working in Ghana, Making a Feature of ‘Children of Sodom’, Why Serious Film-Makers Must Come to the Cannes + MORE