True to the expectations of most Ghanaians, Mimi Areme, Ghana’s representative at this year’s Miss World beauty pageant competition is on her way to qualifying automatically to the Semi Finals of the event.
Informed by her sterling and above-par performance at two fast track events most recently, including the Miss World Beach Beauty and Miss World Top Model, where she placed in the Top 20, Mimi, per the format of the competition, stand the chance of making it to that level.
Over the weekend, the fair-skinned winner of last year’s Miss Ghana competition, at a specially-organized fashion show dubbed the Chinese Dynasty Show under the Top Model segment, rode on the back of her performance in the Miss World Beach, where she made it through the final twenty after an initial qualification into the top forty and gave off what could possibly be best described as one of Ghana’s best performances so far in the history of the competition.
Mimi’s exploits, follow in the footsteps of Irene Dumor who won the Miss World Talent segment in 2007 and Lamisi Mbillah who won the Beauty with a Purpose segment in 2006 with her project work on Guinea worm eradication.
The Miss World Top Model is a modeling fast track competition at the Miss World Pageant. The competition was first held in 2004. The winner of the competition automatically makes it into the semifinals.
The Miss World Beach Beauty segment is a swimsuit or fast track competition in the Miss World pageant. The Beach Beauty event first started in 2003, when the Miss World Organization decided to have preliminary or fast track events to automatically give a semifinal spot to some of the delegates.
All two events allow the Miss World delegates (over 100) to have a chance of being in the semifinals. The 60th edition of the Miss World beauty pageant competition is taking place in the Chinese town of Sanya.
The country got another opportunity to host the finals after Vietnam, originally towed in line as hosts, backed out. The event is on the 30th of October.
In a related development, contestants of this year’s Miss Ghana competition have undergone a day’s training session in Jewelry and beads making at Kabengo Jewelry. The training session was followed by back-to-back party night outs at the Champs Sports Bar, where the contestants were hosted to a fashion night and then to Club Citizen inside the Citizen Kofi Entertainment Centre. Later, a cozy beach jams at the Bojo Beach Resort and dinner reception at the Mirage Royale Hotel on Sunday, brought to an end, a weekend full of excitement and pure fun.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know