I’m a BIG time movie buff and will avidly watch a variety of movies including movies from overseas. West African movies have always glued me to my couch clutching my sides with laughter or shaking my head in disdain.
One thing I can say is that I’m sincerely not biased when it comes to reviewing movies and African movies are surely no exception. I guess it was different this time around as I’ve not watched an African Movie on a large screen so this did add some good points towards the movie, I feel it gives the movie some credibility.
I had to commend the scriptwriter/director of the movie “Shirley Frimpong Manso” and the rest of her production team. After all they made the effort to bring ‘6 Hours to Christmas’ over here to London on the big screen.
When I first heard it was coming to town I was more that excited as I was pretty much prepared to wait for the DVD to come out.
It was fantastic that the two main characters of the movie “ Chris Attoh & Damilola Adegbite” made it down for the film’s premiere where they posed for red carpet pictures and interviews.
Shirley Frimpong Manson was especially hospitable and fabulous to meet and gave us a warm welcome and a short introduction in the theatre before the movie started.
The theatre was absolutely packed out with enthusiastic cinema goers, you have to know it was worth the trip as people were willing to pay £10.00 a ticket and came out in the freezing cold temperatures for the premiere.
I think Shirley Frimpong Manso’s success with her previous movies were enough to bring people out even in this cold weather for the premiere of her latest.
I’ve watched all of Shirley’s Movies and I’ve watched enough west African movies to know she does more than a compelling and creative job.
The movie came with an awesome story line, with a surprise twists at the end and humour all the way Continue Reading From Here
Written & Submitted By Sassy Chic/GhanaCelebrities.Com
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- POETIC JUSTICE: Boy Who Recorded & Leaked His Banging Encounter with a Girl without Her Knowledge, Forced To Marry Her in Ghana
- Players in Ghana’s Movie Industry Are NOT Business Minded | They’ve Watched On Unconcerned For a Bank to Take Over Accra’s Only Biggest Surviving Cinema
- Classification Board Approves ‘Castro Amanehunu’ Movie – Actors In It Are Named: Castro, Janet, Asamoah Gyan & So Film Producers Association Says ‘We Won’t Allow It to Be Released’
- T.B Joshua Says Ebola Virus’ is From the Pit of Hell
- Let’s Stop Complaining About the Youth Having No Moral Fibre | Ghana Has No Moral Fibre!