It is recognition time again and Charterhouse, Event Organizers of the prestigious annual Ghana Music Awards Festival have rolled out plans for the 2011 edition of the awards scheme with a call for entries for all musical works produced within the calendar year to be considered
By this call, all musical works produced and or released from December 1, 2009 – November 30, 2010 are expected to be presented to the GMA Academy for consideration into this Year’s editions of the scheme.
The data collection process which involves the filling out of Nomination forms by all artistes and their management will take place in all the various Regions. Nomination forms will be dispatched to strategic points all over the country and industry professionals will have the chance to nominate their works or that of others for consideration.
After this data has been collected and organized, the Planning and Categorization Committees will sit to decide which entries will make it into the final nominations for the general public and the selection committees to vote on.
As announced, the Public Categories of the Ghana Music Award is largely popularity based implying therefore that a song or artistes will only find its way into the final Nomination list if it widely known and enjoyed by a large portion of music lovers across the country.
The Ghana Music Awards Festival, which will be celebrating its 12th edition this year, has over the years become the number one barometer by which good musical works are measured in Ghana.
Many industry professionals work with the GMA’s in mind because of how important the award is to them.
The scheme seeks to recognize the songs that have kept the country dancing as well as award the artistes, producers, recording labels and other industry professionals whose tireless efforts in the face of adverse financial and logistical challenges have kept the entertainment industry vibrant.
The last edition (2010) saw Sarkodie win six awards due to his creativity and versatility.
This year the GMA Planning Committee and the organizers plan to institute measures to continue to uplift the image of the prestigious award scheme
The date for the close of entry of submissions will be announced subsequently after the Planning Committee has set the calendar for all the activities for this year.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?