It is recognition time again and Charterhouse, Event Organizers of the prestigious annual Ghana Music Awards Festival have rolled out plans for the 2011 edition of the awards scheme with a call for entries for all musical works produced within the calendar year to be considered
By this call, all musical works produced and or released from December 1, 2009 – November 30, 2010 are expected to be presented to the GMA Academy for consideration into this Year’s editions of the scheme.
The data collection process which involves the filling out of Nomination forms by all artistes and their management will take place in all the various Regions. Nomination forms will be dispatched to strategic points all over the country and industry professionals will have the chance to nominate their works or that of others for consideration.
After this data has been collected and organized, the Planning and Categorization Committees will sit to decide which entries will make it into the final nominations for the general public and the selection committees to vote on.
As announced, the Public Categories of the Ghana Music Award is largely popularity based implying therefore that a song or artistes will only find its way into the final Nomination list if it widely known and enjoyed by a large portion of music lovers across the country.
The Ghana Music Awards Festival, which will be celebrating its 12th edition this year, has over the years become the number one barometer by which good musical works are measured in Ghana.
Many industry professionals work with the GMA’s in mind because of how important the award is to them.
The scheme seeks to recognize the songs that have kept the country dancing as well as award the artistes, producers, recording labels and other industry professionals whose tireless efforts in the face of adverse financial and logistical challenges have kept the entertainment industry vibrant.
The last edition (2010) saw Sarkodie win six awards due to his creativity and versatility.
This year the GMA Planning Committee and the organizers plan to institute measures to continue to uplift the image of the prestigious award scheme
The date for the close of entry of submissions will be announced subsequently after the Planning Committee has set the calendar for all the activities for this year.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date