THE Ghana Music Awards Planning Committee/Academy has successfully met for the first time to draw up the timetable for the 2011 edition of the prestigious awards scheme.
The Planning Committee members, made up of seasoned industry professionals, are expected to bring their wealth of knowledge in the Ghanaian music industry to bear on the detailed administration of the scheme. The Committee works diligently and dispassionately to ensure that award winners truly deserve awards devoid of any interference.
This year’s Committee Member are; Amandzeba, Mark Okraku Mante, Diana Hopeson, Abraham Ohene Gyan, Fred Kyei Mensah, Sammy Forson, and two top senior Journalist from the Print Media. The Committee member list is completed by Juno Abena Turkson, Theresa Ayoade and Nii Ayite Hammond who represent the organizers, Charterhouse.
Items on the agenda for the Committee which met on Wednesday January12, 2011, included setting the timetable and dates for the various stages in the awards scheme and also to mark tentative dates in the months of March and April for the celebration of the Awards Festival.
The Committee also discussed the categories as featured in the 2010 edition of the event and came up with a few suggestions that will be included in the agenda list for discussion at the first Brainstorming and Categorization Committee meeting Schedule for Friday January 21, 2011 at the British Council Hall.
The brainstorming session is expected to attract numerous industry professionals who see the forum as an opportunity to share their varied opinions on the Ghana Music Awards scheme and other aspects of the music industry that they would want considered in the scheme.
The forum will also be used to solicit opinions in categorizing entries that have been received so far into their appropriate categories. Meanwhile the call for all musical works produced and or released from December 1, 2009 – November 30, 2010 to be presented to the GMA for consideration into this Year’s scheme is still on. The call for participation in this session is thrown to all industry professionals from across the country who have valid opinions on the industry to bring to bare on the GMA scheme.
Those who have not as yet filled in their Nomination forms are encouraged to do so as soon as practicable to enable the processes to work seamlessly.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means