Exclusive insight into the Afrocentric lifestyle will continue with an interview with Rocky Dawuni. A while back the readers were glad to read about (Fashion & Lifestyle: Ghana’s Afrocentric Dons And Divas …) the many notable figures in our community that embrace wearing their hair natural.
Well this series will continue in the coming months, so to help me in these efforts please send your questions you’d like to ask about the Afrocentric look!
To refresh your memory, Ghanaian Reggae star Rocky Dawuni continues to lift his global profile since the release of his critically acclaimed new album Hymns for the Rebel Soul.
The album has been nominated for a prestigious NAACP (National Association for The Achievement of Colored Peoples) Image Award 2011 for “Outstanding World Music Album.”
Do you have any questions you’d like to ask Rocky Dawuni? Have you nursed a curiosity about the Rasta lifestyle choice which sometimes has our community up in arms back home and even abroad? Yet when those amongst us achieve fame and respect they are somehow excused, praised even for following the Bob Marley look?
Why is this still such a heated debate in our community, why do we just prefer to be clothed in traditional outfits only on special occasions?
Ladies of today prefer the weaves and men are blindly fooled into frowning upon a “Davi” or shaved hair cut. Again I ask, what is it about doing your hair natural that is so appealing in artists yet when the regular person does their hair in afro or dread-lock we are puzzled?
Readers, I want us to be honest with ourselves. Pose questions to the Ghana man or Ghana woman who chooses not to perm their hair. Even when they visit a barber shop or hair dresser it is simply to upkeep their natural hair with needed trim or lining of the edges.
What are your fears about going natural? Ask, and you shall receive your answers from some of our celebrities who have made the big leap into the natural way of styling their hair.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS From Miss Ghana 2012 1st Runner-Up Nadia Ntanu’s India Visit
- Wizkid Promises An Exciting Performance At ‘Ghana Meets Naija’ On June 29
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?