Exclusive insight into the Afrocentric lifestyle will continue with an interview with Rocky Dawuni. A while back the readers were glad to read about (Fashion & Lifestyle: Ghana’s Afrocentric Dons And Divas …) the many notable figures in our community that embrace wearing their hair natural.
Well this series will continue in the coming months, so to help me in these efforts please send your questions you’d like to ask about the Afrocentric look!
To refresh your memory, Ghanaian Reggae star Rocky Dawuni continues to lift his global profile since the release of his critically acclaimed new album Hymns for the Rebel Soul.
The album has been nominated for a prestigious NAACP (National Association for The Achievement of Colored Peoples) Image Award 2011 for “Outstanding World Music Album.”
Do you have any questions you’d like to ask Rocky Dawuni? Have you nursed a curiosity about the Rasta lifestyle choice which sometimes has our community up in arms back home and even abroad? Yet when those amongst us achieve fame and respect they are somehow excused, praised even for following the Bob Marley look?
Why is this still such a heated debate in our community, why do we just prefer to be clothed in traditional outfits only on special occasions?
Ladies of today prefer the weaves and men are blindly fooled into frowning upon a “Davi” or shaved hair cut. Again I ask, what is it about doing your hair natural that is so appealing in artists yet when the regular person does their hair in afro or dread-lock we are puzzled?
Readers, I want us to be honest with ourselves. Pose questions to the Ghana man or Ghana woman who chooses not to perm their hair. Even when they visit a barber shop or hair dresser it is simply to upkeep their natural hair with needed trim or lining of the edges.
What are your fears about going natural? Ask, and you shall receive your answers from some of our celebrities who have made the big leap into the natural way of styling their hair.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- So I Was RIGHT After All? | Kwaw Kese’s Management & MUSIGA Issue Statement Asking the So Called Celebrities to Stop Their Social Media Comments & End the #FREEKWAWKESE Campaign
- Ugandan Maid in Child Assault Video Receives 4 Years in Jail | Is the Sentence Appropriate?
- Man Attempts Suicide in Volta Region Because His Girlfriend Dumped Him
- Where is Bishop Obinim & the Other Charlatans in Ghana? | The National Secretariat of the Domestic Violence and Victims’ Support Unit Says Reckless Abuse of People On the Increase in Ghana Done in the Name Of Religion
- Prosecution Begins Appeal Of Oscar Pistorius’ Sentence