Per our conversation, below is my readers’ mail write-up for publication. Thanks in advance for granting me the platform to have my view heard.
I have been following events unfold concerning the ban of Ms. Yvonne Nelson, a young talented lady full of potential, glamorous and beauty.
It saddens my heart and hurts my judgement as an African movie lover that despite the huge part Yvonne Nelson has played towards the rejuvenation of the Ghanaian movie industry, she is unfairly treated in a manner which I would not be scared to refer to it as “absolute sabotage”.
If anyone doubts or is not in tune with the contributions of this young Actresses in bringing to live a movie industry which was dead gone some few years back, then I would like such persons to know these;
Before Yvonne Nelson’s Princess Tyra movie, Ghanaian movies where loose cuts of Cantata, maybe even Key soup concert party. Our movies did not even cross the borders to Togo, left alone into Nigeria or far Europe and America.
Today, my Chinese friend knows about Ghanaian movies and many more Caribbean’s are excessively glued to our movies.
I am not saying Ms. Yvonne Nelson solely pushed our movie industry to what it is today but she stands as a core pillar to the whole rejuvenation process.
Can anyone cast their minds back and mention 5 good Ghanaian movies which came out within the last 5 years that most movie lovers in one way or the other would accept as a movie loved by many without starring Yvonne Nelson?
I am not here to highlight or defend her conduct or the legitimacy of the ban imposed on her as a young Actress, but I am here to have it mentioned that, a young lady who has over the years served as one of the fundamental rocks upon which a dead movie industry was reconstructed needs to be recognised and be treated a bit more fair that we have done to her.
It looks like the industry has used her, gained back its recognition and saying “screw you Yvonne”.
Certainly there are other Actresses who can do her work or even do far better than her but where were these Actresses when the Ghana movie industry lacked young faces and no young lady saw it as a blessing to be featured in a Ghanaian movie? Today, we have many young women going all way out to be part of the scintillating industry.
Persons like Yvonne Nelson paved the way for the many young women that we see on our screens today and many more will join the industry with time. She deserves to be accorded a fair treatment by the stakeholders.
Maggie / Australia.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Open Letter To BET…Can Africa Receive This Year’s Award On Your Main Stage Too?
- Confusing Calculated Lies With Publicity Stunts In Ghana Showbiz…When Will We Get It Right?
- Are Black Women Worth Anything More Than Their Backsides & Weaves?
- MUST READ: And You Wonder Why Ghanaian Music & Movies Ain’t Going NO Where?
- Stop Giving Your Money To Ghanaian Stars, Especially The Ladies Living Outside Ghana…
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?