Per our conversation, below is my readers’ mail write-up for publication. Thanks in advance for granting me the platform to have my view heard.
I have been following events unfold concerning the ban of Ms. Yvonne Nelson, a young talented lady full of potential, glamorous and beauty.
It saddens my heart and hurts my judgement as an African movie lover that despite the huge part Yvonne Nelson has played towards the rejuvenation of the Ghanaian movie industry, she is unfairly treated in a manner which I would not be scared to refer to it as “absolute sabotage”.
If anyone doubts or is not in tune with the contributions of this young Actresses in bringing to live a movie industry which was dead gone some few years back, then I would like such persons to know these;
Before Yvonne Nelson’s Princess Tyra movie, Ghanaian movies where loose cuts of Cantata, maybe even Key soup concert party. Our movies did not even cross the borders to Togo, left alone into Nigeria or far Europe and America.
Today, my Chinese friend knows about Ghanaian movies and many more Caribbean’s are excessively glued to our movies.
I am not saying Ms. Yvonne Nelson solely pushed our movie industry to what it is today but she stands as a core pillar to the whole rejuvenation process.
Can anyone cast their minds back and mention 5 good Ghanaian movies which came out within the last 5 years that most movie lovers in one way or the other would accept as a movie loved by many without starring Yvonne Nelson?
I am not here to highlight or defend her conduct or the legitimacy of the ban imposed on her as a young Actress, but I am here to have it mentioned that, a young lady who has over the years served as one of the fundamental rocks upon which a dead movie industry was reconstructed needs to be recognised and be treated a bit more fair that we have done to her.
It looks like the industry has used her, gained back its recognition and saying “screw you Yvonne”.
Certainly there are other Actresses who can do her work or even do far better than her but where were these Actresses when the Ghana movie industry lacked young faces and no young lady saw it as a blessing to be featured in a Ghanaian movie? Today, we have many young women going all way out to be part of the scintillating industry.
Persons like Yvonne Nelson paved the way for the many young women that we see on our screens today and many more will join the industry with time. She deserves to be accorded a fair treatment by the stakeholders.
Maggie / Australia.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- READERS' MAIL: The Hypocrisy & Thievery Nature of Ghanaians | The CEO of Red Row Estate Joined Yvonne Nelson for Dumsor Vigil When His Estate Runs On ECG Illegal Connections…
- ECG Disconnects Yvonne Nelson’s Apartment for Not Paying Electricity Bills & Using Illegal Connection?
- Sarkodie Messed Up With Untrue Ace Hood Revelation: But Most Of All He Showed Less Intellectual Capacity Than A ‘Fifth Grader’
- EVIDENCE: Yvonne Nelson is “A Goddam Opportunist, A Thief & A Corrupt Individual” Like those Politicians Messing Up Ghana
- PHOTOS + Nominations For 2015 Golden Movie Awards | Grace Omaboe, Kafui Danku, Irene Logan, Nana Ama McBrown, Eazzy, Ama K. Abebrese & Others