The breaking news that is dominating all the major newspapers and news channels this morning here in the UK is the unfortunate and tragic death of a young London woman, who died after flying to the US for surgery to enhance her butt.
20-year-old London-born Ghanaian, Claudia Adusei died of a heart attack after flying to the US for the operation, which would give her a larger and shapelier butt- this was to be an early birthday present for herself, due to her 21st birthday which she was meant to be celebrating later on this month.
At the moment, her ethnicity is in question because, whilst some of the news channels and papers have explicitly stated that her name is Claudia Adusei and she was a London-born Ghanaian, others have stated her name as being Claudia Aderotimi of Nigerian descent. For the moment, GhanaCelebrities.Com has decided to go with the majority of the news outlets, and state her name as Claudia Adusei.
The ‘operation’ took place at a low-cost hotel in Philadelphia, where she was injected with INDUSTRIAL SILICONE (which is normally used as a sealant in buildings), rather than the medical grade silicone used in enhancement surgeries. Doctors believe this triggered the chest pains and the heart attack that led to her death because; it was accidentally injected directly into a vein.
Ms Adusei had travelled with three of her friends, one of whom was supposed to have a hip enhancement surgery using the same technique.
According to the British news reports, Ms Adusei had a similar procedure in the hotel last November, and was returning for a “to-up” injection. The female ‘surgeon’ who performed the procedure disappeared after the victim began complaining of chest pains. She was rushed to a hospital in Philadelphia, where she unfortunately died.
This is such a tragic story and serves as a warning to every single woman; we must not allow our judgements to be clouded by what we see on television from the likes of Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, etc.
Celebrities are NOT perfect either; have you guys not heard of Photoshop and specialised camera lighting techniques? Do you seriously think that the way they are made to look on television and in magazines is how they look in their day-to-day lives?
This is so tragic because a young woman has lost her life after seeking out an operation just for a bigger butt, a desire most likely brought on by the media’s constant perpetuation that most men like bigger butts and bigger breasts.
Ladies, we must NOT allow ourselves to fall into the trap of believing the media’s ideology of what is beautiful and what is not! Just because a person is curvy, it does not mean they are automatically more beautiful than a slim woman, and vice versa. Big, slim, tall, short, Black, White- we are all beautiful! Seriously, I know I sound like some feminist now but I just feel like it seriously needs to be driven home that beauty comes in ALL shapes and forms!
I can understand that with the constant barrage of certain media images, and how the appearance of some women appears to be idolised over others, beauty may be linked to a certain type of ‘look’. However, we need to educate ourselves first and foremost that these celebrities that are being idolised for their ‘goddess-like’ features are just normal beings like you and me. They SEEM perfect in magazines due to Photoshop, or certain camera angles, and camera lighting can do wonders for the way a person looks on screen.
We must not allow the media to define what beauty is for us, regardless of the frequent images we see- beauty comes from within. No man is going to find you beautiful if you don’t find yourself beautiful first. Most of you may probably have heard this before but it is true- you have to be confident about yourself before a man will find you attractive. Not every guy has the same taste- some prefer curvy, some prefer slim, it all depends on the guy.
We should not be risking our lives trying to go for surgery, or even bleaching our skins, etc, just to make ourselves more attractive to please a man- one man’s poison is another man’s treasure, so what one doesn’t like there will DEFINITELY be someone out there who will like.
We must not allow vanity and media representations to define what beauty is, beauty is from within and the sooner we all educate ourselves about that, the better it will be, instead of such tragic cases like this of our African sister.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
- FOR THOSE IN UK: Afrobeat Returns-Afrobeat Sundays May Bank Holiday Special
- R2Bees Wins ‘Artiste Of The Year’ At The 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards + Full List Of The Winners…
- PHOTOS: Banky W, Wizkid, Bola Ray, Samini, StoneBwoy, R2Bees, Jupita, Ekow Smith Asante & Others At Pre-Vodafone Ghana Music Awards party At Excel Lounge!
- Ghana Music Awards 2013: Winner Of ‘Artistes of the Year’ To Get A New Car
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?