MULTI talented Ghanaian entertainment personality A Plus has been chosen by the organisers to host the maiden edition of the Most Popular Entertainer of Ghana (MPEG) Honours scheduled to take place in Accra this weekend.
The organisers had looked hard for that consummate entertainer who encompasses all or most of the disciplines to be honoured at the event that has been hyped to be a feast of music, fun and entertainment to host the show. Only a few people fit the bill as A Plus does hence the decision to appoint him.
MPEG is a cross-discipline honours event established to ensure that professionals in the various fields of music, film acting, television acting, theatre, football, boxing, comedy, radio and television broadcasting are commended for their services to the people of Ghana every year.
Being a musician, actor, comedian and social commentator A Plus comes across as the person who can properly chat up the performers on the night and galvanize the audience to have fun and enjoy the world class entertainment to be generated on the night.
Known as Kwame Asare Obeng in real life, A Plus shot into national stardom with his own brand of rap music that takes swipes at people, especially politicians. He recently launched a television show that would see him displaying a comical side of him that many people are not aware of.
A Plus is upbeat about the opportunity of hosting this major event that would debut on the entertainment calendar this Saturday and has promised the organisers that he would live up to the task of ensuring that the audience would get their money’s worth.
The event which is scheduled to take place at the National Theatre in Accra on March 19, 2011 would create the platform for some of the biggest local artistes to perform to live band music for the enjoyment of patrons.
Tickets for the show are selling at Joy FM, Koala and Silverbird Cinemas at the Accra Mall for GHC30.00 (regular) and GHC50.00 (VIP). An array of some of the most popular Ghanaian musicians would be on stage to jazz up the stage on the night. They include rapper Okyeame Kwame, crooner Kwabena Kwabena, silky-voiced Kofi B, rap duo Rough and Smooth, singer Bertha, Della Hayes and her all girls jazz group Dzesi and gospel’s leading band Joyfulway Incorporated.
Apart from being decorated on the night of the event with this enviable honour each nominee would also stand the chance of being chosen by the general public through SMS and online voting as the Most Popular Entertainer of Ghana in the year under review. That would make the individual Ghana’s topmost entertainer for the next one year.
The MPEG College has chosen a list of honourees in all categories and from which the public would vote to choose the person they consider as being the Most Popular Entertainer of Ghana. They include Asamoah Gyan (Most Entertaining Football Personality), Joseph Agbeko (Most Entertaining Boxing Personality), Kofi Adu (Agya Koo) (Most Entertaining Film Acting Personality), Andrew Adote (Most Entertaining Stage Acting Personality) and Funny Face (Most Entertaining Comedy Personality).
Others are Amakye Dede (Most Entertaining Music Personality), Nana Aba Anamoah (Most Entertaining TV Broadcast Personality), Fiifi Banson (Most Entertaining Radio Broadcast Personality, Accra), Kwame Adinkra (Most Entertaining Radio Broadcast Personality, Kumasi) and Nana Otu Gyandoh (Most Entertaining Radio Broadcast Personality, Takoradi).
The public is encouraged to vote for their favourite among the above list to be crowned on March 19 as the Most Popular Entertainer of Ghana by adding GH to the name of the favourite and sending to short code 1736 across all networks or voting at www.mpeghonours.com.
MPEG is produced by FDD Communications Consult and sponsored by This Way Chocolate Drink, DStv, DStv Mobile, Carolans Irish Cream with support from Big Ideaz Consult and Chilloutghana.com. Media partners include Peace FM, Okay FM, Hello FM, Joy FM, Adom FM, Nhyira FM, Luv FM Asempa FM, Angel FM, KFM, Melody FM, Kyzz FM, Skyy Power FM, Happy FM, YFM, Anigye FM, Boss FM, Homebase Channel and e.tv Ghana.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date