One cannot deny that, Charter House’s Stars of the Future Reality Show is one of the best musical talent shows that raw talents are scouted, nurtured, groomed and brought into the limelight to shine.
Stars Of The Future is a reality show which has given opportunity to many untapped musical talents to realize their dreams of being musicians; few of such names that come in mind are Irene Logan, Efya (Jane Awindor), Adina among others.
At the launch of the SOF season 5 some few weeks ago, the contestants promised the audience, they were ready to excel in their various performances when the time comes for them to show the world what they are made up.
The twelve contestants made up of seven girls and five guys will on Thursday (Today) at the National Theatre step on the big stage and mesmerize the general public to some selected tunes of their favourite music stars.
It is also the first time that the contestants will perform to a live audience after the show was launched. This means that, every contestant will be looking at starting the journey on a good note by impressing the audience as well as the judges which includes radio presenter, Doreen Andoh, music producer Zapp Mallet and CEO of EKB records, Kiki Banson.
The 12 finalists includes; Abigail Bih, Asantewaah Essel, Daniella Dankwah-Coffie (Niiella), David De-Graft Crentsil, Elizabeth Joseph, Emmanuel Yawson, Grace Ocansey, Henry Nuamah, Kwame Wiredu, Rauhel Halidou Yacouba, Reynolds Kwame Addow and Wiyaala Noela.
After going through voice coaching lessons, breathing exercises as well as singing with live band, it is very obvious that, they are set to give out a performance of a lifetime. First appearance is very important, so each of them will try to take opportunity and write their names on the minds of the judges.
They will be supported by the Patch Bay Band, a twelve man musical group under the tutelage of Philip Acquah with Victor Dey and Fifi Finder on keyboard and guitar respectively.
Admission to the weekly performances scheduled to come off at 6pm every Thursday at the National Theatre will be free. Patrons are encouraged to come out in their numbers to support their favourite contestants and also vote to keep their favorites in the competition by texting their names to the MTN short code 1750.
Viewers of the show will have 13 weeks of excitement including 10 weeks of evictions. After every performance, eviction show will take place, where one contestant will be evicted till the four who will then battle it out for the ultimate prize of a brand new car and a juicy recording contract.
The eviction shows comes on weekly at Tuesday at 9pm e.TV and 9:30pm on GTV. Others can follow it on YFM every Monday at 7pm. SOF 5 is sponsored by MTN with support from LG, Close Up, Vodka Kick, Koala, Spa 216, GTP and shows on Television Sunday at 1:30PM on GTV and 3PM on e.TV. There is a repeat show at Mondays, 12.30PM on GTV.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: North Korea’s Leader- Kim Jong Un KILLS His Own Uncle Who Was The 2nd Most Powerful Official
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date