Janet Opoku is the owner of the eboutique Jessique, she graciously allowed GhanaCelebrities.Com insight to her team’s world.
First and foremost, Janet mirrors her sophisticated line in so many ways: prompt, polite and positive. When asked about influences the she said, “I admire the western elegance of the 1950s and 1960s, this has influence on my designs.
I love the flamboyant African prints. I am particularly fond of the Kente clothe, the Kente clothe is a classic design rich, vibrant and global recognizable. We intend to use the Kente print for many of Jessique designs.” This makes me happy because I have long felt Kente has been neglected in the fashion arena.
In reviewing the works of Jessique, I was extremely impressed by the overtly feminine appeal of the line. When you wear a Jessique dress, your confidence rises at the glow that it gives you.
Janet Opoku further explained on her approach, “I envision Jessique woman feeling attraction and very special. This is because she appreciates style and high quality.” It is evident in the few clothes you see here, which give the vibe of a uber trendy sheik lady.
If you are ready to move on from wearing the same old “sleet and top” that the by the way dressmaker creates for you in the name of staying true to your roots, then Jessique is for you.
Even when delving into urban fashion, Jessique emphasizes a blouse that will hug the figure as you can see from the jeans and top picture. Read our full interview below…
GhanaCelebrities.com: Tell me about the kinds of clothes you design, do you have a preference for a type of color and material?
Jessique: We design ladies wear – for the modern day woman with a defined sense of personal style. Our aim is to bring out styles that have a timeless appeal which looks good today and will still work ten years from now. Simple and unique, that’s our signature tune.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Please what are your goals for Jessique?
Jessique: We hope to make Jessique a household name and a global brand. This will be made possible via our online boutique. We then hope to open a boutique, and also find partner with other boutique to sell our range.
GhanaCelebrities.com: What are two “must haves” for anyone’s wardrobe (men/women)?
Jessique: The two ‘must have’ for both sexes a good fitting pair of black trousers and a good tailor cut blazer, this is a ‘must have’ for a cold climate like the UK.
GhanaCelebrities.com: Do you ever have designers approach you to make African print clothes for men, if not why do you think there aren’t that many out there?
Jessique: I‘ve not been not approached by any designers as yet, but I’ve male friends who reckon I should include men’s range in my collection, maybe in the near future.
GhanaCelebrities.com: If I missed to ask anything you wanted to share please feel free to fill our readers in:
Jessique: African print designs have become increasingly popular. Within the last couple of years we’ve seen the use of exotic fabric in the international fashion community vastly increased.
I want to encourage your readers to patronize this market more, let us incorporate African-inspired pieces into our daily and evening wear. Jessique designs has a high street appeal with affordable price tag, we want inspire African women to dress outside the box.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- TopVincent.Com: See Every Moment In Life As A Miracle—A Reason To Smile
- PHOTOS: Star Actress Jackie Appiah & Others Honoured
- MUST READ: Africa Rising - But Who Benefits?
- PHOTOS: Miss Ghana 2012-Naa Okailey Shooter In USA
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Still Glowing In Beauty---Nana Ama McBrown
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- As Usual, Rihanna Kept Fans Waiting For 2 Hours In Birmingham
- PHOTO: Reggie Bush & His Baby
- PHOTOS: Christina Milian On Miss USA 2013 Red Carpet
- And You Wonder Why Chris Brown Keeps Going Back To Her? Karrueche Tran Spotted At Miami
- Serena Williams Flaunts Her Toned Beach Body & Of Course The Famous Backside At Miami
- Kim Kardashian Gives Birth to A Cute Baby Girl!
- Ciara Covers Fader Magazine
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening
- Airbrush Temporary Tattoos- How They Work Best?
- PEPLUM LEGGINS…HOT or NOT?
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines