Over 50,000 Ghanaians have voted maestro Kojo Antwi, Abrantie Amakye Dede, smooth voice Kwabena Kwabena, Adabraka trio 5 Five and gospel stage puller No Tribe as Ghana’s famous 5 musicians that they want to see mount the big stage on 22nd April 2011 at the Accra International Conference Centre for the maiden edition of the ‘Famous 5’ Musical Concert, which is aimed at bringing 5 of Ghana’s great stage performers to perform on one stage at the same time without any support from other musicians.
The five musicians were picked out of top 15 musicians who were put forward by the College of Professionals for the event namely; Nana Benyin Dadson (Graphic Showbiz Editor), Carlos Sekyi (Musician and Copyright advocate), Diana Hopeson (MUSIGA, President), Appiah Dankwa a.k.a Appietus (Music Producer), Fred Darko (Event Producer), Kwasi Aboagye (Peace FM), Whitney Boakyi Mensah (Event Planner and Journalist) and Fiifi Banson (Peace FM) to enable the general public vote for their favourites.
The top 15 musicians were picked from 3 different musical genres; Hip Life, High Life and Gospel. The criteria for selection into the top 15 were that, each artiste[s] should have released an album or made lots of public performances and must have made great impact on their audience in the last 12 months, irrespective of their musical genres.
Artistes who were put forward but didn’t make it to the last five were gospel musicians; Cecilia Marfo, Ohemaa Mercy, highlifers Daddy Lumba, Kofi B as well as hip lifers Ruff & Smooth, Wutah, R2BEES, Samini, Castro, and Sarkodie.
It is stated that on 22nd April 2011 at the Accra International Conference Centre, the five selected musicians will mount the big stage and dish out tunes to the audiences using a live band.
Already 5Five’s inclusion has been questioned by some music fans who wondered if they will be able to match up to the challenge from the other four musicians especially when both of them will be expected to perform with a live band.
But the hip life trio seemed to have sealed through because of the hullabaloo surrounding their newest hit single ‘Move Back’, also known as ‘Muje Baya’. The show will determine if indeed their inclusion is fully deserved or based on the fact that their song is new and making waves.
‘Famous 5’ is a Musical Concert launched at the Coconut Groove Regency Hotel, in Accra on February 22, 2011. ‘Famous 5’ is a maiden edition from event outfits; Events and More. It is sponsored by Peace FM, Okay FM, This Way Chocolate Drink, and produced by E-Volution International.
Story by Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.Com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: Beauty Isn't Just Skin Deep? Scientists Say Pretty Women Tend To Be 'Less Stressed And More Fertile'
- FOR THE LADIES: Submerging Your Face In CUCUMBER Water Every Day Is Kate Moss’ Beauty Secret…Are Your Read To Do That?
- ALL THE PHOTOS From Ghanaian/Nigerian Actress Ebi Bright’s Birthday Party Feat. Abdul Sallam, Pascaline Edwards, Beverly Afaglo, Richie & Others
- Cannes Celebrates 100 Years of Bollywood with Gala Screening of BOMBAY TALKIES...India’s Top Directors – Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee & Anurag Kashyap Attend
- PHOTOS + Bola Ray Celebrates 10 Years At JOY FM
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?