Over 50,000 Ghanaians have voted maestro Kojo Antwi, Abrantie Amakye Dede, smooth voice Kwabena Kwabena, Adabraka trio 5 Five and gospel stage puller No Tribe as Ghana’s famous 5 musicians that they want to see mount the big stage on 22nd April 2011 at the Accra International Conference Centre for the maiden edition of the ‘Famous 5’ Musical Concert, which is aimed at bringing 5 of Ghana’s great stage performers to perform on one stage at the same time without any support from other musicians.
The five musicians were picked out of top 15 musicians who were put forward by the College of Professionals for the event namely; Nana Benyin Dadson (Graphic Showbiz Editor), Carlos Sekyi (Musician and Copyright advocate), Diana Hopeson (MUSIGA, President), Appiah Dankwa a.k.a Appietus (Music Producer), Fred Darko (Event Producer), Kwasi Aboagye (Peace FM), Whitney Boakyi Mensah (Event Planner and Journalist) and Fiifi Banson (Peace FM) to enable the general public vote for their favourites.
The top 15 musicians were picked from 3 different musical genres; Hip Life, High Life and Gospel. The criteria for selection into the top 15 were that, each artiste[s] should have released an album or made lots of public performances and must have made great impact on their audience in the last 12 months, irrespective of their musical genres.
Artistes who were put forward but didn’t make it to the last five were gospel musicians; Cecilia Marfo, Ohemaa Mercy, highlifers Daddy Lumba, Kofi B as well as hip lifers Ruff & Smooth, Wutah, R2BEES, Samini, Castro, and Sarkodie.
It is stated that on 22nd April 2011 at the Accra International Conference Centre, the five selected musicians will mount the big stage and dish out tunes to the audiences using a live band.
Already 5Five’s inclusion has been questioned by some music fans who wondered if they will be able to match up to the challenge from the other four musicians especially when both of them will be expected to perform with a live band.
But the hip life trio seemed to have sealed through because of the hullabaloo surrounding their newest hit single ‘Move Back’, also known as ‘Muje Baya’. The show will determine if indeed their inclusion is fully deserved or based on the fact that their song is new and making waves.
‘Famous 5’ is a Musical Concert launched at the Coconut Groove Regency Hotel, in Accra on February 22, 2011. ‘Famous 5’ is a maiden edition from event outfits; Events and More. It is sponsored by Peace FM, Okay FM, This Way Chocolate Drink, and produced by E-Volution International.
Story by Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.Com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
- Nigeria’s Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy, Jay Z Tops Nominations + The Full List Of Nominees
- 2013 AfricaMagic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominations Are In...Yvonne Okoro, Jackie Appiah, Majid Michel, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Ken Attoh & Others Nominated!
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date