Over 50,000 Ghanaians have voted maestro Kojo Antwi, Abrantie Amakye Dede, smooth voice Kwabena Kwabena, Adabraka trio 5 Five and gospel stage puller No Tribe as Ghana’s famous 5 musicians that they want to see mount the big stage on 22nd April 2011 at the Accra International Conference Centre for the maiden edition of the ‘Famous 5’ Musical Concert, which is aimed at bringing 5 of Ghana’s great stage performers to perform on one stage at the same time without any support from other musicians.
The five musicians were picked out of top 15 musicians who were put forward by the College of Professionals for the event namely; Nana Benyin Dadson (Graphic Showbiz Editor), Carlos Sekyi (Musician and Copyright advocate), Diana Hopeson (MUSIGA, President), Appiah Dankwa a.k.a Appietus (Music Producer), Fred Darko (Event Producer), Kwasi Aboagye (Peace FM), Whitney Boakyi Mensah (Event Planner and Journalist) and Fiifi Banson (Peace FM) to enable the general public vote for their favourites.
The top 15 musicians were picked from 3 different musical genres; Hip Life, High Life and Gospel. The criteria for selection into the top 15 were that, each artiste[s] should have released an album or made lots of public performances and must have made great impact on their audience in the last 12 months, irrespective of their musical genres.
Artistes who were put forward but didn’t make it to the last five were gospel musicians; Cecilia Marfo, Ohemaa Mercy, highlifers Daddy Lumba, Kofi B as well as hip lifers Ruff & Smooth, Wutah, R2BEES, Samini, Castro, and Sarkodie.
It is stated that on 22nd April 2011 at the Accra International Conference Centre, the five selected musicians will mount the big stage and dish out tunes to the audiences using a live band.
Already 5Five’s inclusion has been questioned by some music fans who wondered if they will be able to match up to the challenge from the other four musicians especially when both of them will be expected to perform with a live band.
But the hip life trio seemed to have sealed through because of the hullabaloo surrounding their newest hit single ‘Move Back’, also known as ‘Muje Baya’. The show will determine if indeed their inclusion is fully deserved or based on the fact that their song is new and making waves.
‘Famous 5’ is a Musical Concert launched at the Coconut Groove Regency Hotel, in Accra on February 22, 2011. ‘Famous 5’ is a maiden edition from event outfits; Events and More. It is sponsored by Peace FM, Okay FM, This Way Chocolate Drink, and produced by E-Volution International.
Story by Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.Com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- 9 More People Have Been Arrested in Ghana in Connection With the Cocaine Case
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyepong Says Cocaine Girl is the Girlfriend of President Mahama’s Brother & Also She is Being Chopped Down By the CEO of Ghana Cocoa Board
- She Thinks We Are All STUPID | Cocaine Girl-Nayele Ametefeh Says She Thought She Was Carrying GOLD and Not Coke
- ECG Workers Threaten to Throw The Nation into Darkness If Sacked Boss is Not Reinstated: For A Largely Incompetent Organisation They Have A Lot Of Nerve- And Aren’t We Already in Darkness?
- Assistant Director At The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Two Others, Arrested For Allegedly Aiding Ruby To Use The VVIP lounge At Kotoka Before Boarding Her Flight