As we wait to get a full gist from GhanaCelebrities.Com’s rep who was yesternight at the Accra International Conference Centre for the 12th edition of MTN Ghana Music Awards, below is the list of winners gathered…
1. Best Reggae Recording of the Year: Iwan
2. Gospel Song of the year: Cecilia Marfo
3. Highlife Song of the year: Kwabena Kwabena with ‘Dadeanoma’
4. Best Hiplife song of the year: Castro feat Asamoah Gyan with ‘African Girls’
5. Hip-hop song of the year: D’black with ‘Get on the dancefloor’
6. Afro pop song of the year: ‘Kiss your hand’ by R2bees.
7. MUSIGHA Merit Award: Emeritus Prof J.H Nketia
8. Traditional Artist of the year: Mustapha Addy
9. Instrumentalist of the year: Emmanuel Koomson
10. Best Collaboration: Castro Feat Asamoah Gyan with ‘African Girls’
11. Songwriter of the Year: Pastor Boamah
12. Best music for Development: Reggy Zippy with GHC 3000. All the other nominees took home GHC 300. Abraham Ohene-Gyan of OM Studios took home GHC 5000
13. Gospel artiste of the year: No tribe
14. Highlife artiste of the year: Kwabena Kwabena.
15. Rapper of year: Trigmatic
16. Record of the Year: Sammy B
17. Male Vocal Performance: Knii Lantey
18. Female Vocal Performance: Efya
19. Most Popular Song: Aha ye De by Nana Boro
20. Album of the year: Samini with CEO
21. Discovery of the Year: Herty Borngreat
22. Producer of the Year: Zapp Mallet
23. Video of the Year: Phamous People
24. Best African Artist: K’naan
25. Artiste of the year: VIP
26. Hip Life/Hip Hop Artiste(s) of the Year: VIP
List Compiled By: Citifmonline
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- DID YOU KNOW THAT: The Position You Sleep in With Your Partner Shows The Strength Of The Relationship?
- ‘Mad’ Reggie Rockstone Punches Roro for Describing VVIP’s Latest Single ‘Selfie’ as a Substandard Recording
- DID YOU KNOW THAT: Couples Are More Likely to Argue When Hungry?
- 67th Cannes Film Festival POSTER Unveiled
- Is It Wrong for Gospel Musicians to Employ Negative Publicity Stunts/Gimmicks?