I had a brief catch up with the founder of the Ghana Movie Awards “Mr Fred Nuamah” last Thursday in London when he was passing through to Ghana. As curious as I am, I asked him the state of affairs with the 1 car for the 4 Best Actresses “Jackie Appiah, Roselyn Ngissah, Juliet Ibrahim and Yvonne Okoro” saga.
Fred Nuamah told me the car is still parked at the Golden Tulip Hotel awaiting the decision of the above 4 Actresses. Since we were having just a friendly dialogue, we switched to other industry developments and for some reason, my mind did not consider the legal implication of the decision taken by the 4 Actresses to wait for the lapse of the one year and then proceed to “maybe” sell the car at that time.
From what I know, there was a restraining clause in the Founder’s Merit car “Give Away” which stipulated that, inter alia, the car cannot be sold until a year of usage by the winners have lapsed.
I have not had the opportunity to look at the actual wording of this restraining clause but reasonably, I think the Ghana Movie Awards Organizers wanted the car to be used by the 4 Actresses as a brand car which will be seen driven around and showcase the Movie Awards to some extent.
I am aware that, the 4 Actresses seem to think that, they can leave the car parked and after a year of the “no sale restraining clause” passing, they can then proceed to sell the car and do whatever they deem fit with the returns.
The above sounds like a perfect work out plane since they cannot decide on who to use the car or draw up a reasonable schedule as to share usage of the car.
Legally, they are doomed with that plan. They do not stand the chance to have the car if they do not use the car as stated in the contract for a year. The year of usage I believe runs from when the car starts to be used (being sufficiently driven) and does not include substantial times of parking.
I am dying to see how things will turn out when the 1 year lapses. I would be happy to see the Ghana Movie Awards organizers claiming full possession of the car for breach of major term in their agreement over a considerable period of time.
There is an adage in Akan which says “ se wo ani te pii ah, you turn to greet the goat”. The 4 Actresses stand to loose the car and It will server as a good precedent if the Ghana Movie Awards organizers pull this smart legal stand on them. Let’s wait to see how this turns out for the parties…
By: Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri / GhanaCelebrities.Com/ United Kingdom
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Open Letter To BET…Can Africa Receive This Year’s Award On Your Main Stage Too?
- Confusing Calculated Lies With Publicity Stunts In Ghana Showbiz…When Will We Get It Right?
- Are Black Women Worth Anything More Than Their Backsides & Weaves?
- MUST READ: And You Wonder Why Ghanaian Music & Movies Ain’t Going NO Where?
- Stop Giving Your Money To Ghanaian Stars, Especially The Ladies Living Outside Ghana…
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?