I had a brief catch up with the founder of the Ghana Movie Awards “Mr Fred Nuamah” last Thursday in London when he was passing through to Ghana. As curious as I am, I asked him the state of affairs with the 1 car for the 4 Best Actresses “Jackie Appiah, Roselyn Ngissah, Juliet Ibrahim and Yvonne Okoro” saga.
Fred Nuamah told me the car is still parked at the Golden Tulip Hotel awaiting the decision of the above 4 Actresses. Since we were having just a friendly dialogue, we switched to other industry developments and for some reason, my mind did not consider the legal implication of the decision taken by the 4 Actresses to wait for the lapse of the one year and then proceed to “maybe” sell the car at that time.
From what I know, there was a restraining clause in the Founder’s Merit car “Give Away” which stipulated that, inter alia, the car cannot be sold until a year of usage by the winners have lapsed.
I have not had the opportunity to look at the actual wording of this restraining clause but reasonably, I think the Ghana Movie Awards Organizers wanted the car to be used by the 4 Actresses as a brand car which will be seen driven around and showcase the Movie Awards to some extent.
I am aware that, the 4 Actresses seem to think that, they can leave the car parked and after a year of the “no sale restraining clause” passing, they can then proceed to sell the car and do whatever they deem fit with the returns.
The above sounds like a perfect work out plane since they cannot decide on who to use the car or draw up a reasonable schedule as to share usage of the car.
Legally, they are doomed with that plan. They do not stand the chance to have the car if they do not use the car as stated in the contract for a year. The year of usage I believe runs from when the car starts to be used (being sufficiently driven) and does not include substantial times of parking.
I am dying to see how things will turn out when the 1 year lapses. I would be happy to see the Ghana Movie Awards organizers claiming full possession of the car for breach of major term in their agreement over a considerable period of time.
There is an adage in Akan which says “ se wo ani te pii ah, you turn to greet the goat”. The 4 Actresses stand to loose the car and It will server as a good precedent if the Ghana Movie Awards organizers pull this smart legal stand on them. Let’s wait to see how this turns out for the parties…
By: Chris-Vincent Agyapong Febiri / GhanaCelebrities.Com/ United Kingdom
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- GC GiveAway: WIN The Personalized Beading Long Sleeved Bandage Dress Yvonne Okoro Wore This Weekend For FREE
- If You Are Looking For A ‘Good Girl’, Stay Away From The Social Media JUNKIES
- It Can’t Get Any Better Than This | ‘Sparrow Productions’ Launches The ‘4 BIG THINGS’- A New MOVIE, New LOGO, Adams Apples Season 2 DVD, Sparrow Station & A Short Film…
- OPENED GOSSIP: A Ghanaian Footballer Has 4 Children Outside His Marriage & Wife Doesn’t Know What The HECK To Do!
- Inferiority Complex of the Modern Black Woman-Fake Accent & Skin Bleaching
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date