After several months of preparation and a few moments of panic, FashionMist 2011 finally came to light and out of the mist. Following closely after Ghanaian Independence and under the shadow of a successful ARISE Fashion Week in Lagos; FashionMist had set itself a high standard to meet, particularly for a first-time event. Those with grand expectations were certainly not disappointed as the evening drew a large and varied crowd and the FashionMist team has already been inundated with queries about a follow-up event.
The Hotel Russell provided two glamorous rooms in which a public exhibition and exclusive runway show took place. The afternoon’s public exhibition was relaxed, with many of the showcasing designers setting up stalls for public viewing and purchase. Additionally, ajePomaa Design Gallery had a stand as well as make-up artist Misha Terret and eccentric accessory company BOW! by oneoffpinkribbon, whose eye-catching Ghanaian print bows (made in collaboration with N’Kya Designs) managed to turn more than a few heads.
Champagne and canapés greeted guests waiting to be seated and Akwasi Photography created red-carpet style photo opportunities for anyone feeling fashionably photogenic. Benny Bonsu and Geoff Schumann were the animated hosts who provided a mixture of comedy and commentary throughout the evening, whilst entertainment was provided by the energetic sounds of Hazel Mak and the thought-provoking poetry and lyrics of Adynkrah.
The FashionMist runway was a canvas for the designs of Ayikai Couture, Diva Delicious, Yaa Ataa Couture, Mina Evans, Anita Quansah, Aya Morrison, Kayobi and N’Kya Designs. FashionMist sought to showcase a mixture of designers – all of Ghanaian origin – who pride themselves on infusing the flavours of Africa into handcrafted couture pieces, whether jewellery, swimwear, bags or blouses. The event certainly managed to do that, showing the creativity and beauty that flows from African inspiration.
The success of FashionMist would not have been possible without the energy and dedication of the FashionMist team and the innovative vision of artistic director Ola Shobowale. FashionMist has indeed been propelled into the spotlight and will no doubt continue to shine.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Confidence Haugen, Good Genes Or Good Doctor?
- RED CARPET FAB: Photos + I Was Given The All Important Red Carpet Attention Alongside Fred Nuamah At 2013 Cannes Film Festival…
- Introducing Edith Faalong As Naana In 'Living With Trisha'
- PHOTOS: Captain Planet Of 4x4 At Cannes, The Party Has Just Started!
- Lydia Forson Says She Is Building A Brand, Sort Of Halle Berry’s Type & That Is Part Of Why She's Not Seen In Most Ghanaian Movies
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- It Has Been Confirmed That Beyonce Is Pregnant Again—Sort Of!
- Rapper Drake Spotted In Miami, Wooing A Blonde Chick
- Tamar Braxton Shuts Down Bleaching Rumour, Reveals Struggle With Vitiligo
- Beyonce Rocks The Stage Against Doctors’ Orders In Belgium & Apologizes Again To The Belgium Crowd On Stage For Show Cancellation
- Dr. Dre Donates $70 Million To USC
- Kelly Rownland Talks About Being Jealous Of Beyonce In New Music ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Actress Angelina Jolie Had Both Of Her Breasts Removed to Prevent Cancer
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- Are You Suffering From Burnout?
- Reasons Why Women Type Like Thissss ‘Words Elongation’
- Is This One More Reason Why You Should Not Marry? Couples Start Taking Each Other For Granted After Just Three And A Half Years Of Marriage
- Ladies Don’t Know Jack About Valentines
- New Craze…Textured/Velvet Nails: Like it ?
- TopVincent.Com: Are You Losing Yourself To Robots? Get A Real Life With The Real World…
- Research Shows That Women Moan & Scream In Bed Because They Think It Makes ‘Banging’ Better, What The HECK?