After several months of preparation and a few moments of panic, FashionMist 2011 finally came to light and out of the mist. Following closely after Ghanaian Independence and under the shadow of a successful ARISE Fashion Week in Lagos; FashionMist had set itself a high standard to meet, particularly for a first-time event. Those with grand expectations were certainly not disappointed as the evening drew a large and varied crowd and the FashionMist team has already been inundated with queries about a follow-up event.
The Hotel Russell provided two glamorous rooms in which a public exhibition and exclusive runway show took place. The afternoon’s public exhibition was relaxed, with many of the showcasing designers setting up stalls for public viewing and purchase. Additionally, ajePomaa Design Gallery had a stand as well as make-up artist Misha Terret and eccentric accessory company BOW! by oneoffpinkribbon, whose eye-catching Ghanaian print bows (made in collaboration with N’Kya Designs) managed to turn more than a few heads.
Champagne and canapés greeted guests waiting to be seated and Akwasi Photography created red-carpet style photo opportunities for anyone feeling fashionably photogenic. Benny Bonsu and Geoff Schumann were the animated hosts who provided a mixture of comedy and commentary throughout the evening, whilst entertainment was provided by the energetic sounds of Hazel Mak and the thought-provoking poetry and lyrics of Adynkrah.
The FashionMist runway was a canvas for the designs of Ayikai Couture, Diva Delicious, Yaa Ataa Couture, Mina Evans, Anita Quansah, Aya Morrison, Kayobi and N’Kya Designs. FashionMist sought to showcase a mixture of designers – all of Ghanaian origin – who pride themselves on infusing the flavours of Africa into handcrafted couture pieces, whether jewellery, swimwear, bags or blouses. The event certainly managed to do that, showing the creativity and beauty that flows from African inspiration.
The success of FashionMist would not have been possible without the energy and dedication of the FashionMist team and the innovative vision of artistic director Ola Shobowale. FashionMist has indeed been propelled into the spotlight and will no doubt continue to shine.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- BG: Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Ahead Of 2013 Ghana Movie Awards, Your Favourite Movie Stars Pose With The GMA’s Expensive Statuette
- Wife of Footballer-Samuel Inkoom Shares Intimate Photos On Instagram | Some Say It Is An Attempt To Let The Girls Chasing Her Husband Know-He LOVES Her
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: READ President Obama's Touching Speech
- FOKN Bois Returns With Coz Ov Moni Part 2 | Watch The Trailer Below + The Whole Of Part 1
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
- Gabrielle Union Looking Super FAB At The Alvin Ailey 2013 Opening Night Gala
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know