On Saturday, Ghana Movie Awards 2010 ‘Best Supporting Male Actor’, John Dumelo together with Actress Jocelyn Dumas, the host of ‘The One Show’ on Viasat1, Shamima Muslim and Inna Patty-a former Miss Ghana mounted the catwalk to help the German Swiss International School in Accra to raise funds for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to support victims of the Ivorian war.
The West African country has been plagued by civil war after a disputed election which led Laurent Gbagbo to hold on to power, rejecting election results as well as diplomats’ efforts to end power struggle.
Until he was arrested, he held on to power because he believed there were lots of irregularities in the elections Allasana Quattara won.
This power struggle resulted in loyalist of both men fighting each other. Several homes were raided whiles thousands of inhabitants became homeless. Speaking to press men, Gretchen Krantz Evans, a parent of the school, also part of the organization of the Fashion Show told journalist that, this is the second edition of the show.
She continued that, the proceeds would be donated to UNHCR to support Ivory Coast. Before the main event, several arts and designs in various forms were displayed at the school premises for interested participants to purchase.
On the final event of the night, student and school officials modeled in designs by 5 selected designers; Mina Evans, K’Naf Couture, Brigitte Merki, Renee Q and Rima Fahrky.
After Jocelyn Dumas, Shamima Muslim, Inna Patty and John Dumelo mounted the catwalk to model in specially design clothes from four of the designers. Those designs were auctioned to the parents/participants.
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.Com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Sonnie Badu DENIES Ever Saying ‘Ghanaian Gospel Musicians Sing Nonsense’ As Reported By A Newspaper But The Editor Says Sonnie Badu Is A LIAR
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards Launched | Nominees List Out December 14
- Miss Ghana 2013 Giuseppina Baafi Inspires Students Of Her Alma Mater
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: More Money WON’T Do Any Good To Your Relationship | Couple Break Up Because They Can’t Agree On What To Do With Their Over £100 Million Lottery Win
- MUSIGA Visits Late Ronny Coaches’ Family
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Mariah Carey Looking ‘Christmasly’ Naughty & Cute As She Performs At Rockefeller Center
- Terrence Howard Secretly Marries Girlfriend After One Month Of Dating?
- Detective Says Paul Walker’s Car Was Going 90 MPH In A 45 MPH Speed Zone At Time Of Fatal Crash!
- Kanye West Signs $10 Million Deal With Adidas
- Alicia Keys At 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 In Australia
- New Music: ‘All The Way’ By R. Kelly Feat. Kelly Rowland
- PHOTOS: Lady Gaga Meets Another Gaga At Tokyo Press Conference
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date
- Secrets Your Man Would Not Want You To Know
- Sex & Relationships: I Like You But I’m Not Looking For A Relationship Right Now…What He Really Means
- Nanokeratin Brazilian Blow Dry: The Perfect Harmless Alternative to Hair Straightening