On Saturday, Ghana Movie Awards 2010 ‘Best Supporting Male Actor’, John Dumelo together with Actress Jocelyn Dumas, the host of ‘The One Show’ on Viasat1, Shamima Muslim and Inna Patty-a former Miss Ghana mounted the catwalk to help the German Swiss International School in Accra to raise funds for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to support victims of the Ivorian war.
The West African country has been plagued by civil war after a disputed election which led Laurent Gbagbo to hold on to power, rejecting election results as well as diplomats’ efforts to end power struggle.
Until he was arrested, he held on to power because he believed there were lots of irregularities in the elections Allasana Quattara won.
This power struggle resulted in loyalist of both men fighting each other. Several homes were raided whiles thousands of inhabitants became homeless. Speaking to press men, Gretchen Krantz Evans, a parent of the school, also part of the organization of the Fashion Show told journalist that, this is the second edition of the show.
She continued that, the proceeds would be donated to UNHCR to support Ivory Coast. Before the main event, several arts and designs in various forms were displayed at the school premises for interested participants to purchase.
On the final event of the night, student and school officials modeled in designs by 5 selected designers; Mina Evans, K’Naf Couture, Brigitte Merki, Renee Q and Rima Fahrky.
After Jocelyn Dumas, Shamima Muslim, Inna Patty and John Dumelo mounted the catwalk to model in specially design clothes from four of the designers. Those designs were auctioned to the parents/participants.
By Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.Com/Ghana
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- Ghanaian Lady Who Tried to Smuggle 12 Kilos of Cocaine into London Has Been on Wanted List Since 2009 in Ghana & Yet She Was Everywhere in Ghana Without Any Arrest?
- Austrian Newspaper Says The Ghanaian Lady Arrested At Heathrow With Cocaine Worth Over 5 Million Dollars Must Be STUPID | And We Agree…
- Starr 103.5 FM Wins An Award Just 4-Months into Business
- Comedy of Errors: Man Attempts to Sell Stolen Goods Back to Its OWNER, Gets Arrested
- Maurice Ampaw Decides to Withdraw Case Against A-Plus After Meeting Between the Two