Founder of the Ghana Movie Awards, Fred Nuamah of Gollywood Production Limited, has denied allegations levelled against him and the French Embassy in Ghana by actress Juliet Ibrahim, a member of the Ghanaian delegation to this year’s Cannes Film Festival held in France.
An interview granted the actress on Peace FM on May 19, 2011, and subsequently published in the Chronicle newspaper on May 21, 2011, seemed to suggest that organisers of the Ghana Movie Awards and the French Embassy did not live up to their promises made to Ghana’s delegation to the Cannes film festival.
According to the founder, the French Embassy promised to help the delegation acquire visas, which it honoured, adding “the embassy did not promise the delegation any help on arriving at Cannes”.
However, the embassy, he said, should rather be commended for the able manner in which it issued visas to the delegation, rather than the negative publicity from only one of the delegates, for reasons yet unknown.
On behalf of the entire Ghana Movie Awards organizing team, the founder rendered an unqualified apology to the French Embassy for the misrepresentation of facts and regretted any inconvenience suffered as a result of the unfortunate publicity.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- SOMEHERE IN THE WORLD: Kenyan Senator Caught Photoshopping Nelson Mandela Tribute Picture
- PHOTOS: Nadia Buari, Jim Iyke & Others At The Press Screening ‘The Diary of Imogen Brown’ In Accra
- SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD: BBC Viewers Are Angry, 1,350 People Complain About 'EXCESSIVE' Coverage Of Mandela's Death
- Winner Of 2006 Miss Malaika-Hamamat Montia Has STOLEN A Car?
- DO YOU KNOW THAT: People Who Can Ignore Texts Or Calls Are Happier Than Those Who Answer?
Latest On BeyondGossip.Com!
- Oprah Winfrey Says She Has No Regrets About Not Having Kids
- Mike Tyson Has Cancelled His Book Signing Tour in UK Because He Is Barred From Britain Over Rape Conviction
- Kim Kardashian Says Her BODY Is Back As She Covers US Weekly
- Rapper-The Game Honours Nelson Mandela With A New Tattoo
- Kanye West Says Being A Rapper Is Dangerous, Just Like A Cop Or Being At War
- PHOTOS: Keri Hilson Celebrates Her 31st Birthday With T-Pain & Others
- The Vivacious Braxton Sisters Grace The Cover Of Hype Hair
Latest On IAmSassyChic.Com!
- How To Maintain Your Skin During The Festive Period
- How To Date Someone With Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- Everything You Should Know About Your Bra
- How To Lose Weight Before Christmas Day!
- How To Overcome Wardrobe Malfunction
- Staying Younger Even When Age Knocks At Your Door
- How To Win Your First Date