Founder of the Ghana Movie Awards, Fred Nuamah of Gollywood Production Limited, has denied allegations levelled against him and the French Embassy in Ghana by actress Juliet Ibrahim, a member of the Ghanaian delegation to this year’s Cannes Film Festival held in France.
An interview granted the actress on Peace FM on May 19, 2011, and subsequently published in the Chronicle newspaper on May 21, 2011, seemed to suggest that organisers of the Ghana Movie Awards and the French Embassy did not live up to their promises made to Ghana’s delegation to the Cannes film festival.
According to the founder, the French Embassy promised to help the delegation acquire visas, which it honoured, adding “the embassy did not promise the delegation any help on arriving at Cannes”.
However, the embassy, he said, should rather be commended for the able manner in which it issued visas to the delegation, rather than the negative publicity from only one of the delegates, for reasons yet unknown.
On behalf of the entire Ghana Movie Awards organizing team, the founder rendered an unqualified apology to the French Embassy for the misrepresentation of facts and regretted any inconvenience suffered as a result of the unfortunate publicity.
You can subscribe to Ghanacelebrities.com by e-mail address to receive news and upates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!
- 9 More People Have Been Arrested in Ghana in Connection With the Cocaine Case
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyepong Says Cocaine Girl is the Girlfriend of President Mahama’s Brother & Also She is Being Chopped Down By the CEO of Ghana Cocoa Board
- She Thinks We Are All STUPID | Cocaine Girl-Nayele Ametefeh Says She Thought She Was Carrying GOLD and Not Coke
- ECG Workers Threaten to Throw The Nation into Darkness If Sacked Boss is Not Reinstated: For A Largely Incompetent Organisation They Have A Lot Of Nerve- And Aren’t We Already in Darkness?
- Assistant Director At The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Two Others, Arrested For Allegedly Aiding Ruby To Use The VVIP lounge At Kotoka Before Boarding Her Flight